First Time?

There are some NSFW and adult themed discussions here, so please read the forums rules before continuing.

Want to join in on the conversation? Click one of the buttons below.

Forum Feedback

sanahtligsanahtlig MOD Hand of the King
in Your Suggestions To Us Posts: 2,884

Use this thread to suggest forum features or improvements to JAST.

Comments

• sanahtligsanahtlig MOD Hand of the King

I announced the forum opening on Fuwanovel and they had some comments to share. In particular:

It's not about being ugly (only @OutoftheBox said that). It's about actually feeling physically unwell when watching it. I admit I'm more sensitive to light than the average person (particularly flashing lights), but still that page affects me negatively physically, which is fairly rare for a static homepage. I can't even remember experiencing that happening before.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/14321-jast-launches-new-official-forums/?do=findComment&comment=399125

Might want to consider a "dark" theme to avoid irritating visually-sensitive users. The bright white post background is the likely culprit.

• TimTim MOD

Thanks, I sent a few snippets to the dev chat in case we want to change a tone or something..

• AldraAldra Lurker
    edited May 2016 Posts: 20

The theme is fine, but if it really bothers some people that much then you should add a option to choose between this one and a darker one.
    But if you ask me I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Fuwans says.

Post edited by Aldra on
  • FluffyFluffy Lurker

I would suggest a dark blue one and with much less white to it, but i'm not sure how to make it look like that.

• TimTim MOD

Of course we can change the colors, but I don't think black on white is unusual or sight destroying (make a dark theme and people will want a light theme, etc) and much of the internet is black on white. We might play around with getting a plugin to allow themes later, on but I think there are other features that should take priority.

edited May 2016 Posts: 2,884

At least three people reported that they were unable to login to these forums (they received the error "Permission denied").
    http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/14321-jast-launches-new-official-forums/?do=findComment&comment=400613

This issue could be explain why this forum is so dead; old members aren't able to log in.

Post edited by sanahtlig on

More complaints in the same thread specifically about the blue. Same complaint: it causes them physical distress. You might want consider a neutral background or much darker blues if you're going to use a solid blue background.

• TimTim MOD

Permission denied error should be fixed (it was a permissions problem with 'imported' users, but should be working now)

• AldraAldra Lurker

@Tim said:
    Permission denied error should be fixed (it was a permissions problem with 'imported' users, but should be working now)

I'm still getting the same error on my old account Seryuu. Also Tim can you check your PMs since I have something important to talk about with you guys ?

• NickNick JAST USA Barrel Haxor

About the colors, it's an interesting issue yet one we will look into.

About the login issue @Aldra can you check again?

Upon looking at the database tables, I found the permissions issue with migrated users and fixed it. @Aldra and other users should be able to login as normal.

Tweaked the theme to be slightly darker and to use non-true whites for text boxes.

• AldraAldra Lurker

@Nicholas said:
    Upon looking at the database tables, I found the permissions issue with migrated users and fixed it. Aldra and other users should be able to login as normal.

Just checked and it works now, thanks.

The users that reported physical discomfort from the old layout have said the color shift is a definite improvement.

It'd be nice if 'Likes' (and perhaps 'Slaps'?) gave a notification to the user by default (identical to the way quotes currently do). The purpose of the 'Like' feature is positive reinforcement, and that isn't served if there isn't a component of instant gratification to it. This suggestion would rectify that, and it's currently how the feature is implemented on Fuwanovel.

• Aurora3500Aurora3500 Kohai

Speaking of Likes, I've been curious about how the "like" feature works here (which is part of the system along with "Nice Boats" and "slaps" it appears). It doesn't look like it is possible for regular members to "like" the posts of others as it is on other Forums, and seems to be a feature only Forum Staff here may use from what I understand.

@Aurora3500 said:
    Speaking of Likes, I've been curious about how the "like" feature works here (which is part of the system along with "Nice Boats" and "slaps" it appears). It doesn't look like it is possible for regular members to "like" the posts of others as it is on other Forums, and seems to be a feature only Forum Staff here may use from what I understand.

Oh dear, that's not how it's supposed to work.

• GobboGobbo Hand of the King

@sanahtlig said:

Aurora3500 said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'm looking into it.

• GobboGobbo Hand of the King
    edited January 26 Posts: 94

@Gobbo said:

sanahtlig said:

Aurora3500 said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'm looking into it.

Fixed! @Aurora3500 you should be able to go to town now. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Post edited by Gobbo on