Bishoujo RPGs

Sorry, Lamuness. Won’t happen again.

Depends on your definition of a “port” I guess. Since it has extra features it’s not a direct port but I’m pretty sure it has basically the same gameplay.

[ 04-03-2007, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: CompMan44 ]

I just remmbered, if you have a PSone, can get a copy of bloody bride from ebay or yahoo it shouldn’t be more than 10-20 bucks. Its in japanese however, there is a english translation patch for it found instructions can be found here:

http://bloodybride.home.comcast.net/ note there is no ISO on the site, you would have to buy the game.

Its a Japanese non-hentai dating sim with elements of RPG (stat building).

As far i remember, Stats-building games are more considerated SLG (strategy) or SIM (Simulation) than RPG. But instead raising you own stats, you will raise someone else stats in a kind of training simulation.

Anyway, other SLG games i remember for PS2 are EVANGELION ~AYANAMI AND ASUKA RAISING and all the PIA CARROT games.

There’s the RPGs based on anime TV shows too, like INUYASHA, NARUTO and FULL METAL ALCHEMIST RPGs. These you can buy in any good Game Store.

[ 04-04-2007, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

in bloody bride you raise your own stat, not the other way around and based on the screen shots, I think there are a few battles as well.

Don’t forget Pokémon! Like the rest it’s so much better than the show. :frowning:

The game “Persiom” has some wonderful and magnific screenshots and artwork…

You might want to check out the new Persona 3 thats coming to US on July, it has school life during day time and RPG monster battles at night and its nonelinear gameplay. (PS2 in you are wondering)

Any more good titles for PC? n_n;

Japanese bishoujo-RPGs or English Action-RPGs?

If you are asking about Japanese Bishoujo RPG, besides STUDIO E-GO!, you can check the many RPG games from EUSHULLY company and PAJAMA’s Prism Ark I & II. Other great RPGs are the RANCE series and PASTEL CHIME series from ALICESOFT. The GIGA company is also very known for making great action-RPG games, like Duel Savior, Baldr Bullet/Force series and Harem Blade 1 & 2.

Besides those above, there’s many ADV-HGame makers releasing H-RPGs some time or another.

If you’re asking about English Action-RPG, there’s THE LORD OF THE RINGS Spin-off games. LOTR-The Third Age is very good.

Other games i think are okay: STAR WARS-Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, and FINAL FANTASY X, XI & XII.

[ 04-13-2007, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

There are actually two Summon Night games available in english, thanks to Atlus. They’re side-story games for the GBA. The titles are Summon Night Swordcraft Story 1 and 2.

Here’s an overview of the basics for both games. You pick your gender, and are given a summon creature who tags along with you for the whole game. Battles play like a simplified fighting game. You create your own weapons with materials you find, and your summon creature can be called forth to use items and magic during battle.

As for the relationship stuff, you go out for a walk at the end of each day to talk to one of the many characters you meet during the game. The character you talk to on the final day is the one you’ll get a special ending with.

And since you enjoyed Riviera: The Promised Land (as did I, great game there) I’ll compare it to that. The Summon Night Swordcraft Story games aren’t as polished graphics and music wise, but within them I found the same kind of fun character interaction, with a more action oriented battle system and traditional dungeon crawling. The sequel also greatly improves upon the first, so if you can only get one of the games, get 2.

Phew, all done with that. But here’s more… @_@

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is also an addicting little GBA title, but it isn’t exactly a tradional RPG. You have a farm, and tend to it everyday, keeping your animals and crops healthy, and earning profit from what you produce to improve your farm, buy gifts, etc.

There are several town girls in the game that you can marry. You do this by giving them gifts, talking with them, and seeing ‘heart-events’ that raise their affection for you. When she loves you enough, you can propose. She’ll move into your home, and you can eventually have a child too.

So yeah, if you’re willing to try something different, I totally reccomend Friends of Mineral Town as well. It’s one of the best Harvest Moon games.

And for the girls out there (I’ve seen the topics. I know your pain, lol) Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town lets you play as a female, and marry one of the male characters in town. Some Harvest Moon games are split into two versions for each gender, while some let you pick your gender at the start. Some only have a male lead. It varies game to game.

The Summon Night Swordcraft Story games are also girl friendly, since you can choose your gender, and there are many characters, male and female, to get an ending with.

[ 04-14-2007, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Evila ]

Not sure if I like the “dungeon crawling” part, but if they’re for GBA, I’m on the go a lot so a portable game is all the better.

I’ve actually played most of the Harvest Moon games, but they really didn’t do it for me. Maybe I kept thinking, “the next one will be great!” … or maybe I’m just a glutton for punishment.

Peter: Star Wars and LotR games? Bleah. :frowning: No offense to fans, but the games all just cheapened the book/movie experience for me. As for Final Fantasy, the only one so far that I’ve ever thought much of was Crystal Chronicles. (I still haven’t beaten it, either; it all comes back to that portable-games thing.)

Don’t worry, no offense taken.

But i still think you could try at least the latest Final Fantasy games. They’re look good to me. I’m playing now FF-XII for PS2… it’s good.

I just got ahold of the new GBA FF (forgot the number!) and I’m going to get started with that soon… I hope.

Apparently it was released for GBA FF-I up to VI. You can have any of these.

I don’t know the details of these games, because i just have a PS2… and my PC. :slight_smile:

Atlus USA has finally announced that they are bringing Growlanser V to the English world. Like the other games in the series, each girl has her own ending. I finished this one almost 9 months ago now, and its quite good I must say. However its a total shame that they skipped out on part IV.

Thousand Arms for PS1

If you can find it and are willing to pay somewhat of a premium (50-60 USD) …well i guess if you just want the disks and jewel case it might not be much, but i also got the booklet, stickers and holographic cards that came with it. One of these days if i get around to it i’ll get the soundtrack since it was decent and it’s cheap.

The ending does suck…

Azure Dreams: Another Life ps1:

…there is a GBC game for this, but it’s far inferior. There is more stuff and more levels, but its easy and the graphics are low quality. The downside is the US release cut out the marriage option. This game is not for those who hate dungeon crawling with a passion.

Star Ocean (any): RPG you can chose who comes with you based on choices you make. You can setup who will end up with who at the end (or no one). 3rd one cut out ending setups for everyone but the main character though. Their are private action scenese and normal cutscenes that will affect both your friendship and love relation (for opposite sex only), so it’s not just about who you battle with/what you give people.

If you want the best one though, get 2. The fact they didn’t try to do any localization makes it all the better.

Rune Factory: Harvest Moon Fantasy

This game is about to come out for the DS. It still has farming like any harvest moon game, but it has a decently developed RPG battle system and leveling and stuff. You can play the game mostly as an RPG (though you will have to do some farming). And like any harvest moon game with a male protagonist, you try to get one of several girls. Unfortunately, heart events are out.

[ 05-21-2007, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]