Class Game Proposal

Well Oblivion is a bit different since you can make yourself an uber weapon. You can’t do that on a console game and its hard to do on a pc game without an editor.

But as i said, i would use more than just level to determine things.

You should have a look at some of the interesting ways to break Oblivion.

For instance, Drain Health 100 pts for 1 sec. Instant death to anything with < 100 HP. And if you’re level one, that means “everything”!

Yea, but from what i remember in the days of Morrowind, the company was blatantly unconcered if people edited their stuff to give them a spell that could kill anything instantly because to paraphrase “they bought it so they can do what they want with the editor”

However console games are largely made to be uneditable so gamebalance is more imporant there. Some are better than others cough fable.

Yes, but the spellmaker is an in-game feature that was put there explicitly so people could make their own spells. I’m not talking about cheating and hacking your inventory (which yes could make you a god quite easily).

I never intended to have that kind of spell making system though.I already have enough in this game. What I did intendo to do though was either upgrade or replace spells as you progress because by the end of the game of FF, you never cast Fire 1 (or equivalent), so i want the spells to continue to be useful to some extent throughout the game, which also means some status effects will last outside battle.

Agreed, very much so. I had the same idea.