I feel like Tsubaki. What Bishojo game should my friend

And if that doesn’t work, there’s always “I put on my robe and wizard hat”…

Hahahahaha… ahh, that takes me back.

Seriously, if I were to recommend a game to someone without alerting them to the ero content in advance I might recommend something like Brave Soul, where there’s enough “regular” game content to make them think it wasn’t an eroge (though iirc there’s an image right at the beginning that sort of gives things away…).

But if you think about it, was just her back, and only her chest was exposed… so it could easily pass of as a typical fantasy game. The ‘content’ only really shows up when you start dating the girls, and that’s assuming the players know where he can initiate the conversation. Indeed, Brave SOul can easily pass off as a ‘normal’ game.

EDT: You mean: … “what ate him”, right? :smiley:

[ 07-25-2007, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Oh come on… Cobden looks quite fantastic. Look atthose muscles, that well-toned body, his good nature… I sometimes wish that Brave SOul prank wasn’t a prank.

… his BLOCKHEAD … :smiley:

Oh I definetely recommend not suggesting the first set of games to a first timer, those games are harsh.

give him heart de roommate. it’ll take a long ass time before it goes to an h scene and i do mean long over six hours for me and it was only one. i got sick of the game myself but it does have a good story line and would make a better anime than an h game lol.

Considering what you’ve said of his likes, I’d start him off with a more straight-forward visual novel. I’d hit him up with Phantom of Inferno. While you have to pop it in a DVD player, it’s one that has a darker (but not sadistic =P), action-focused plot than most. As Peter Gills pointed out, if not that one, I’d point him towards Eve-Burst Error…though on second thought the interface might drive him to insanity. Then again, you did say you were a horrible guy… XP

I’m pushing for Brave Soul as his first game, since he’s a hardcore gamer and all. Since he plays Counter-strike, he should be able to use the mouse to dodge an incoming ranged attack.

If he’s a strategy gamer, then you have the option of giving him Piece of Wonder. Pretty Soldier Wars 2048 is similar, but attacking a boss/mid-boss will show him some H and give the show away, so it’s not an optimal choice.

Hmm for a 1st time game, I’d probably go with Brave Soul. Especially since you have to really work hard to get to the H-Scenes. Since it’s not too hard Gameplay wise. Juist the finding the right City to stay in at the right time to win the girl you want part.

Lets see… Since he’s into action I would probably go with Brave Soul since it’s the most action filled so far of the genre. If you wanted to get him something with Bishojo elements, but not hentai I would probably get him Thousand Arms or Ar Tonelico – and he probably wouldn’t kill you later for it ^_^.

As a side note where would one even GET Divi-Dead or True Love these days?

ebay…

Ahh…one of those Koreans…

Don’t. The usual recommendation is for people who are actively seeking it, not for stealth operations or trying to get people to like them.

You play them for the storylines then, huh?

As mentioned Brave Soul.

Since you’ve played Tsukihime as your first and you don’t speak Japanese I assume you know about patching so…

Castle Fantasia 2: Renewal - it’s turn based, but a lot more strategy than Brave Soul.

Unfortunatly those are the only choices for English that have hentai, which is your main point i believe. Mirror Moon is supposably still working on MaW2, but that will be a while…

Ever17

And if he hates it, then he hates a good story. It’s probably the most complex narrative to be translated to date.

Hourglass of Summer is also excellent, but in terms of story, I don’t think anything that’s been translated into English touches Ever17. Phantom of Inferno is also good.

[ 09-30-2007, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Webslinger ]

I’d have to dispute that…Tsukihime is far more complex.

And where may I purchase the official English distributed version of Tsukihime? I was referring to games that are specifically sold by Peach Princess/jlist,etc (since I’m posting on their forums) and not games with fan translations.
I do respect the point you’re making.

[ 10-01-2007, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Webslinger ]

A bit hard. Go to the folks at Mirror Moon and ask. It’s kinda complicated since you can’t do so directly unless you live in Japan. It’s also not cheap, but it’s worth it if you really like good storyline games with dark themes.

Of course, this is coming from the guy who regularly spends a lot money for collectible game titles.