JAST USA's Anime Expo 2007 Panel Topic

: Raidywas first releasd on the PC-98 in 1994. the WINDOWS 95 update was made in '96. So it’s actualy a remake from 1994, not 1996.

=> Shade-kun (Shade453) and Phineas-kun: I always consider very funny when you, guys, Shade-kun and Phineas-kun, were arguing with Big Ben. I’ll miss these “old” days… Just kidding. :slight_smile:

=> qaz-kun: Well, after the PP release them, probably (or surely) these new titles will appear on the main pages of PP (& Co.).

[ 07-01-2007, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Dude, they weren’t really ‘old’ lol. They were, like, just a month ago. Then again, I suppose it’s a reflection of how things are starting to change. And I think our dear Mockingbird is covering the status of the expo quite well.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. For the purposes to not give out wrong information, I changed the information on the transcript too.

I have an interview with Shingo and Peter to post up. I wasn’t able to weasel out any new updates other than the status of Bazooka Cafe because their panel pretty much went over everything. I’ll try and have it up this week.

In the mean time, I did a live report for Circus’ panel too but it was not incredibly interesting. I opted to not request an interview with them because I don’t know much about their products and didn’t think I could put out a noteworthy article.

Thanks Phineas! Please excuse the typos though. Because I was updating as it was happening I hardly have the time to go and proofread everything. And I don’t have an editor to look things over either.

[ 07-02-2007, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

OK, fellow. You know, I’m just joking, ne? :slight_smile:

Mkingbird:
Also, Bazooka Cafe is from TRUBULANCE, not Sekilala.

KK sounds mildly intriguing , I 'd have to hear more about it before making judgememnt.
Princess Waltz doesn’t sound very appealing , I 'm not into card games , but I 'll keep an open mind until I hear more .
Disapointed that there’s no word on more yaoi or GxB , that’s what I really want .

So what was the “more on this later” about Hirameki?

Yikes, that was my mistake. Thanks!

Oh, it’s actually old news now I guess.

Hirameki Update:

Hirameki has absolutely no new acquisitions as of this time. Shinichi Shimura, the Tokyo Office Team Leader is currently in Japan trying to negotitate with Cyberfront for the Infinity Series titles - most notably Never 7 -The End of Infinity-. Now considering how quiet Hirameki has been for the past few months, and how there are absolutely no moderation on their BBS (if you’ve been there recently, you know what I’m talking about) one would naturally think, and people HAVE been specualting that the company might not be in good shape. However, that is NOT the case. Last year was not unprofitable, though it was the case that some titles did not perform as well as they would’ve liked (http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3433). So there will be this gap between releases due to the unexpected closing of KID, but the company is not necessarily in bad shape. Shimura-san, Aoyama-san, and Laura-san are still all with the company. As for the BBS, Aldo is in fact very upset about this, and he plans to make a call to Tokyo to get that taken care of.

Current Sales Figures:

Phanton of Inferno - The only title that broke
over 12,000 units.

Hourglass of Summer - Sold over 3,500 units. It broke even last year, as reported earlier.

Ever 17 -The out of Infinity- - Has not broken even yet. It’s still on second pressing I believe. Each pressing is 1,000 copies.

Kitty Media Update:

http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3909

Notes:

• Sales target for Bible Black - The Game and Discipline - The Game is around 10,000 - 20,000.

• Bible Black - The Game is approaching the 10,000 sales mark; it’s about 1/3 of the DVD Volume sales.

• Looking to Bundle Discipline with the Anime Vol. 1 if possible.

• Acquisitions are done indirectly via the video companies and not directly. They want to put out titles that have an anime release so the retailer would be interested in carrying it. An example of what they’re looking at is ELF’s titles.

• The will be releasing Falcom’s Gurumin, an action/rpg for the PC in 2008. The PSP version is currently available in NA. Here is the link to the official site for the NA version - http://www.gurumin.us/

[ 07-02-2007, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

So sad. I’ve bought multiple copies of Ever 17 myself and plug it everywhere I go…

back in canada now, some pics i took:

the official jlist pimp car…err, sorry i mean truck :stuck_out_tongue:

preparing the jlist booth on first day

shingo at the booth

our jlist panel, where shingo shows us the card battle system for princess waltz

another view of the panel

yet another shot of the panel, as you can see the room’s pretty much filled

after the panel we and the guys at visualnews went to have dinner together, with special guest of honor shana :stuck_out_tongue:

a shot of the circus booth

another shot of circus

yet another shot of circus

my loot from this trip, although mostly transformers-related :stuck_out_tongue:

ADD:
i will add some more sicko/disturbing photos as soon as i have access to them :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 07-03-2007, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Sad that Hirameki hasn’t been able to do better overall. But atleast it doesn’t look they they are doing terrible.

But you CAN’T deny that Crowd/Berkana is much faster than you in releasing downloadable games :stuck_out_tongue: .

…Princess Waltz? o_O

Well, there’s something that I’m actually interested in buying. Nice going, guys. :>

Suppose I’ll be an actual customer after a while, instead of just another board semi-lurker. o/

[ 07-03-2007, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Dark Lord Zenigame ]

Thanks! Yeah, it was really difficult for me to get pics since I was by myself this time around, though I had another guy that provided coverage too but we each covered separete panels and never the same one.

The American title is actually “Family Project,” according to the JAST USA 2006-2007 catalog, which was just released in three different versions at Anime Expo 2007. Family Project is actually a direct translation, btw; though I wouldn’t be surprised if they also keep the title like the Kango Shicyauzo series. MSRP is $39.95.

Each catalog doubles as a poster and it coems in three versions: Yume Miru Kusuri, Amorous Professor Cherry, and Princess Waltz.

[ 07-03-2007, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Come; join, us, you’ll like it. It’s fun! Don’t worry … this won’t hurt for long.

I’ll be working to get the two new titles up at Peach Princess and elsewhere as soon as I get back to Japan at the end of this week; sites should start coming online next week sometime.

How come all the Peach Princess panels have the same face? are you all related? :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 07-06-2007, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Gambit ]

took me awhile but i have successfully made a mp3 of a digital audio recording (no video sorry, although another source might have one available in the near future) i took during the circus panel…it’s 51 minutes long and the mp3, at its highest quality, is a good 120MB in size

i dunno if anyone might be interested but the bandwidth usage will suck though…

[ 07-08-2007, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Apparently the folks over at JAST USA not only announced two games at Anime Expo 2007, but they leaked / hinted at at least one other title too.

How you ask? Well, according to Lamuness, at least one of those memorial cards in the set of 55 features a character or characters from at least one title they’ve yet to announce.

There is also a second leak/hint. . .

You guys are pretty cruel.

[ 07-09-2007, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]