Nerdy test: which alignment are you.

I would have to disagree strongly about all killing being unlawful. All you have to do is look at the concept of capital punishment. Hell, on a more personal level, there is Castle Doctrine (for example, where I live we have the “Make My Day Law”).

Edit: Looks like papillon beat me to the punch while I was in the middle of writing my post.

Nah, on a ideal, moral level any form of killing is unlawful and unethical. Such a thing is also unrealistic to achieve. Since we live in a real world, we can shoot people who try to kill us. Think about it for once, since no body can give life, so nobody has the right to take it.
Actually it was my bad, by unlawful, I meant the morality aspect, not the law itself.

Aww, true Neutral, so boooring :frowning:

I predicted True Neutral. I got Lawful Neutral:

Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is “true lawful.” Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Mostly I just picked the lawful choices because they’re the path of least resistance. Standing up for your ideals in the face of certain punishment is just foolish. On the other hand, there’s no reason to follow the law if doing so serves no benefit to yourself or others. When you think about it, your average citizen in modern, first-world society is going to be lawful neutral. I suppose philosophically I’m True Neutral, but in practice I’m Lawful Neutral due to the type of society we live in.

I suppose it depends whether you believe the end justifies the means. Maybe assassination is the only realistic way of getting the task accomplished. Of course, believing in that philosophy could be categorized as neutral or good as well. :stuck_out_tongue: Still, I think it’s hard to call a selfless act “neutral”. Not to say that many selfless acts aren’t terribly misguided and result in great harm (e.g., terrorism).

Neutral Good. Not surprised really, it was the only alignment I ever really took in D&D (unless class restrictions prevented it, stupid things those) as it most fit my personality.

… heh, I may be wrong, but somehow it seems that every result of this test is the best alignment, the person in question can be, only the reason why differs! :lol:

papillon answered your point previously, Unicorn.

I’ll probably get neutral.

Yep, I got neutral. What a shocker.

Chaotic neutral.

I expected either it or chaotic good. I probably am more of a chaotic good, since (as someone else said) some of the choices were a bit limited. I knew I would never even get close to “lawful” anything.

Never really played D&D so I just replied as I(how I sometimes act):

Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Evil.

Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called “demonic” because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

–excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

The first 2 sentences sorta described me as a kid/teen but I’m calmer now. :slight_smile: I’m essentially a chaotic person who abides by some really different rules and codes but I rarely put them into action 'cos it’s very troublesome when staying in an “extremely law-abiding” country.

And murder? Whether that’s “all right, acceptable or not”… depends on how you try to “justify” it, try to “prove it” and so on. :slight_smile: I’ve never murdered before and most likely won’t because taking someone’s life would likely cause you to suffer PTSD and a lot of nasty things. But if I were pushed into a situation where I’d to commit murder, because I’m someone who values my life over others’, I really might be able to do it. Assuming I can recall how to kill off my emotions and deaden the “softer” parts of my personality… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, now that I think about it… my personality is more like “overall good” followed by erratic moments of err… “chaotic-ness that swing from neutral to evil”. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I got…

I’d say that’s pretty accurate. In moral matters, I always try to stay guided by a strict interpretation of Utilitarianism.

I just took that test. Mine is Lawful Neutral. Kind of makes sense as I am generally not fanatical about anything, other than the belief in rule of law. (Rather difficult to operate with an alignment other than ‘lawful’ nowdays as so much of our economic activities are mechanized and structured!)