Patch for Lets Meow Meow

In US Courts, the DMCA has been ruled to override the “fair use” clause in every case that has arisen and ruled upon since the DMCA was enacted. No exceptions. The “fair use” clause is a very specific exception in the first place, and software often have click through licensing that nulls it, amoung other things.

Of course, if you crack a game for yourself and don’t tell anyone nor distribute it, how would anyone find out that you broke the law?

quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
Of course, if you crack a game for yourself and don't tell anyone nor distribute it, how would anyone find out that you broke the law?
Random search & seizure. If they really wanted to, they could come up with a reason to check your residence/computer.

Methinks illegal stuff is going on here… :stuck_out_tongue:
I’d say if yer comp crashes when you want to play Meow, TURN ON YER INTERNET CONNECTION!!!
LoL… Or uh… just wipe the hdd and re-install windows or something…

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-02-2005).]

I’m afraid you don’t really understand the full complexity of the problem here, Giovanni:

1) Some people don’t have Internet access on their home computer, or if they do, it’s a pay per connection sort of deal (or a limited number of connections for a set price).
2) Some people like to play their games on labtops while they’re on the move, in which case they don’t have access to the Internet.
3) V-mate seems to cause/increase the frequency of crashes on some peoples’ computers just by running in the background while the game is being played.
4) Formatting the hard drive could actually make V-mate games stop working…permanently. For details, read my V-mate FAQ.

The reasons for desiring a patch or a crack go on and on. I haven’t even listed them all. If you want the full deal, check out the C-G’s Virtual-Mate thread. You’ll find many angry people denouncing V-mate for a multitude of reasons.

This is kinda off-topic, but am I the only one interested in seeing how did the “VM+lower price” combo work towards rising sales? I wonder when we’ll see some number regarding how good or how bad this move turned out. Anyone has any idea when (if) this info will be made available?

quote:
Originally posted by GoHF:
I wonder when we'll see some number regarding how good or how bad this move turned out. Anyone has any idea when (if) this info will be made available?

That's easy: NEVER!

First and foremost, sales-figures are crucial information that no company would ever give away.

Secondly: The only info we will ever hear is that it worked pretty fine, no matter what's the truth. Any other statement would be counterproductive for G-Collections and their V-Mate-policy. Thus only if the combo works really badly, we would learn about it if one out of two events occurs:

• G-Collections goes out of business
  • G-Collections releases a new game without V-Mate

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 02-02-2005).]

Some ppl play on laptop? In the train or something… Just make sure no kid or something is sitting next to you when you play an x-rated scene, lol…

“mama, what’s that man playing?” "er… nothing jimmy, just look out the window"

And besides, it clearly says on Meow’s box an internet connection is required, if you dont’ have it don’t buy the game.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-03-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Some ppl play on laptop? In the train or something... Just make sure no kid or something is sitting next to you when you play an x-rated scene, lol...

"mama, what's that man playing?" "er.. nothing jimmy, just look out the window"

And besides, it clearly says on Meow's box an internet connection is required, if you dont' have it don't buy the game.

There are other places you can play online. Like in your car, at someone's place who doesn't have a connect, at a group meeting, etc. It doesn't have to be a public area to use a lap w/o a wireless connection
quote:
And besides, it clearly says on Meow's box an internet connection is required, if you dont' have it don't buy the game.

Giovanni, meet Benoit. I'm sure the two of you will get along just fine. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Ben who?

Me.

Oh, hi.
Why does he say i should meet you?
Do you like cats too?

quote:
Do you like cats too?

I don't know about his attitude towards cats, but he looooves V-Mate! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 02-04-2005).]

You two think alike too. I swear that quote of yours came right out of Benoit’s book of V-mate-isms.

Still, you shouldn’t say that, Unicorn. Benoit has chosen to remain steadfastly neutral, after all.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-04-2005).]

[Deleted]

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 02-04-2005).]

Here we go again !!!
A patch for “Pick me,Honey” is out on the
“black market”, strange that Hitomi is’t out yet?? well maybe thats good