Possible BBS Upgrade? *TENTATIVE*

Will we be able to use pics in our sigs on this new bbs?

that’s for me to decide :stuck_out_tongue:

but i think phpbb3 has the ability to put attachments to posts (rather than simply put a link or img tag), as well as uploading avatars onto the server, but i will have to ask peter for approval first obviously…since we all know how narg’s gonna abuse the server space with his infamous image hijacks/spam :stuck_out_tongue:

Lamuness, i think imgs on sigs are okay if they are kept to a certain limit, like one 500x350 and 50Kb, and such. Image attachment can eat up huge amounts of space/bandwidth; there are free and reliable services like PhotoBucket that can be used on that purpose.

Just my opinion.

Oh, phpBB (at least till v.2) is highly customizable, with rankings, reputation and other modifications that can be installed (some code tweaking is req’d, though).

[ 01-01-2008, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Leon ]

well i think baldo is asking if the CURRENT ratings here can be transferred, and i dont think it can

i would play with the non-crucial features at a later time, for now i have to make sure the core bbs posts gets transferred safely…and everything is stable after that

[quote]
Originally posted by Lamuness:
[b]obviously…since we all know how narg’s gonna abuse the server space with his infamous image hijacks/spam :wink:

:o ) would cause a collapse of time and space as we know it! :smiley: Then again, twins… we may have to take that risk. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve saved my Rating List page, just in case :wink:

maybe i should disable ratings altogether :stuck_out_tongue:

Dammit, I’m a Knight of the Round Table! I want to go back in there and face the peril!

BBS upgrade done :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea! New forum is much more pleasing on the eyes… and I’m fixing the lack of twincest very soon. :wink:

Question though: does this board allow “spoiler” tags to hide text? Would make it better to discuss eroge plots, if the script could be hidden so readers who don’t want to be spoiled, aren’t spoiled. 8)

I doubt it. The only system I know of that allows suck things is Vbullitin, and thats a pay service. Not to mention it has other issues (i.e. the Hongfire fiasco.)

i will see if there is any mods that i can plugin for spoilers.

hmmm, guys do u think i should change my avatar to somehting more fitting to the bbs? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it fits nicely. Very snug, with nice lift… err… I mean sure your avatar is fine. Change never hurts though, in the spirit of keeping things fresh.