Rune Factory 2

Official press release from Rising Star, dated as June 3rd 2003. Posted below:

http://www.teletext.co.uk/gamecentral/f … ne+25.aspx

^it’s funny now that they listed rune factory 2 as released on June 25 but not my world, my way which shopto.net is showing as being available then (well it looks like I’ll have to question them on their release lists)

Surprised no one mention this yet…

Rune Factory 3 - like the others before it - will have English VA’s for the western release. However, Natsume hired professionals for it this time around.

Cross your fingers. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the Japanese front: there’s a Rune Factory 4 in the works, but no confirmation if it’s for DS or 3DS. If it’s for 3DS, Marvelous Entertainment once claimed they were going to use the Rune Factory Frontier engine for their first RF on 3DS, to save time and money.

Honestly, outside of Dragon Quest VIII and some of Atlus’s games, I don’t care for most of the English VAing in the games I play. Then again, I also watch my anime subtitled 9/10 times, unless its for a review. I wish Japan would allow larger cart sizes and fit both Japanese and English VAing in. I’d be willing to pay the extra $5-10 it’d probably cost.

Aye. Same here.

I remember Natsume and Rising Star Games (the ones who handle the European versions), both requesting Marvelous Entertainment that future Rune Factory and Harvest Moon to allow language choice. From my understanding, Marvelous was keen on the idea because it would add some “exotic flare” in the game, since most RF and HM take place in a quasi-European country. However the problem is that the current RF and HM game engines don’t allow it, and when Marvelous looked into it there was some issue that made it difficult to implement.

I believe the “next generation” for RF and HM will look into the possibilities… although if RF4 is using the RFF engine, that might not be it. The Harvest Moon for 3DS however, is said to be a new engine.

Fortunately, more and more Japanese companies are allowing language choices in their titles: especially the fighting games. :o