#3 Yandere Drama CD from Edge Records

Oh hell yes! The gods of yandere are giving us yet another 4 beauties to love and fear:

http://www.edge-records.jp/title/nemurenai02/yandere03/

\o/

First we have Elis and Alice: sisters who do not share, and will force you to choose. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then thereā€™s Yumia: a lovely Sakuya A9 android maid, who appears to have taken upon herself to upgrade with milspec hardware. Three Laws of Robotics? HA!

Perhaps most interesting of all is Tomoe. Such an insecure lolicon.

Crossing fingers that Yumemi Takanashi has signed aboard again: sheā€™s clearly the yandere queen. Iā€™m also hoping she VAā€™ing Yuno in the Future Diary anime.

Thanks for the heads-up I was missing to check out the Edge Records site back when they announced a new Yandere Drama series in the worksā€¦and letā€™s be honest about that, thereā€™s never such a think as too much Yanderekko goodness, nee? ^_~
That said, also the 3rd series looks great and I agree Tomoe looks the most interesting thus far though I appreciate them looking for new ideas such as with the Maidroid Yanderekko. Also the main artist selection for this series is quite interesting (it seems Koume Keito gets more and more buzz lately Reitaisai and now this which is a good thing in my view)ā€¦yet to me Inugahora An still is the Yandere mastermind.

In the meantime 'till the release I think I still got some Yandere Pie left to provide me with my needed dosage ^^

Yeaā€¦ the change in artist is rather unusual. If it worked the first two times, why change it for the third?

Since the drama CD is all about the story and voice acting, itā€™s not too much a bother for me though. :o

Actually each out of the series had a different artist in charge but it was Inugahora Anā€™s designs for Yanderekko twins Nana & Nono (them plus Sakuya from this series) which totally sold me on the concept of this Drama CD series. But as you said, itā€™s still the Drama itslef which is main attraction/attention here.

Speaking such rare occassion of more Yandere goodness and on a somewhat related sidenote (read: rant) itā€™s still a real pitty how neglected these are even despite the slight increase in popularity in the last couple of yearsā€¦

Holy shit ā€¦that pink haired girl is moe moe. I dont get the shrine maiden though. How is a staff supposed to kill you unless they beat you to death? :?

Itā€™s a shikomizue. :twisted: [b]She reveals it in her yan mode[/b]. :shock:

Itā€™s the weapon of Johnny from Guilty Gear, Kohaku from Melty Blood, Ukyo from Samurai Spirits, etc. Made uber popular because of Zatoichi. Like said characters, itā€™s implied she practices iaido or iaijutsu as wellā€¦ so sheā€™s lighting fast with the blade.

Alsoā€¦ the pink haired girl has quite a temperā€¦ but Iā€™m sure you already knew that. :wink:

Sheā€™s into lolis and your character is one? :roll:

Kohaku use a broom though!

Wellā€¦ if he isnā€™t a lolicon, it will only lead to an inevitable outcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to mention: drugs, mutant botany, kung-fu, witchcraft, advanced robotics, lies, half-truths, deceit, twincestā€¦

But Kohakuā€™s cleaning is as effective as Hisuiā€™s cooking. Wellā€¦ unless your goal is killing something. :o

EDIT
Come to think of itā€¦ that really explains why Kohaku is the second most powerful character in the Type-Moon Universe. Whoā€™s number one you ask?

[spoiler]Probably Akiha angry at Kohaku, after being told Kohaku has spent the entire Tohno fortune on stupid stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/spoiler]

The point, Narg-sama, was that you wrote that Tomoe was a loliconā€¦

I personally think sheā€™s the most powerful and dangerous one, as demonstrated in the ??? hide&seek gameā€¦

Oh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, I get it now its a hidden blade. I didnt see it at first.

Slowly (but hopefully steady) EDGE RECORDS unveils the cast for Yandere San (btw. gotta love the title play they came up with) - Asakura Tomoe will be voiced by Shimoda Asami (Kagamine Rin/Len).

For those who arenā€™t too good with Japanese:

PlzDontHurtMe just translated the second part to Nagisaā€™s scenario (completing it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRiYimSAc4

He also did Yumemiā€™s (checkout his video library).

If for some reason you donā€™t checkout the twincest thread, as impossible as that seems to me, Phillipo23 did the Nana & Nono scenario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc8_UwvLhx4

Twincest is Bestā€¦ especially the yandere kind. :o

Seems like EDGE RECORDS unveils the cast on weekly schedule - the Seiyuu for the TYPE-SAKUYA Yanderekko Maidroid Yuumia is going to be Mizuhara Kaoru.

Kusakabe Misao? She can do yandere? This will be interesting. :o

After reading the short story intros, I have to admit, Iā€™m really going for the Meidoroid now. :o

http://www.edge-records.jp/title/nemure ā€¦ a02_ss.php

Itā€™s like an evil Chobit setup. :twisted:

I especially like the foreshadowing that something is wrong: corrupt memory, locked file access, and the A9 series never being mass produced.

Yup. Sheā€™s gonna be a wonderful yandere. 8)

EDIT

Iā€™m also liking how CD3 carries over the ā€œonii-chan triggered itā€ feeling from CD2. I mean seriously: itā€™s not the girls fault. He went and did something stupid, they try to reason with him, and then they have to take actions into their own hands.

Poor yandere. Iā€™d never treat them like that. :frowning:

Just when I thought EDGE RECORD would keep a strict weekly Seiyuu announcement schedule for the 3rd Yandere Drama installment, the rest of the cast has been unveilled at once:
Sakuranomiya Erisu - CV: Kawaragi Shiho (sheā€™s also been the VA to Kashiwagi Sonoko for this seriesā€™ previous installment).
Sakuranomiya Arisu - CV: Mizuhashi Kaori (aka Sakuyaā€™s Seiyuu returns!ā€¦looking up her work list I just realized Kaorin also voiced Ren for the Ahnenerbe no Ichinichi Drama CD)

Pretty interesting line-up Iā€™d say.

The CD was released today. Getting my copy this weekend.

Official site also has voice samples from the drama.

Uber passive and submissive girlā€¦ no one expects a yandere out of her. :wink:

Got to listen to the first CD, and even with my still limited Japanese comprehension I understood a good part of it.
I think.
In any case, it raises an important question: what do you do if you are the target of more than one yandere?
An option could be to organize a battle royale between them, telling them that the one who survives is the one deserving your love; and if you have some preferences, she certainly wouldnā€™t mind a little help. It seems like a waste, though.

Pick a yandere. Make sure the chosen yandere wins.

Corollary: In the event your chosen yandere loses and youā€™re still alive, try to negotiate that you were tricked by the chosen yandere. Depending on the winnerā€™s persona and how much she personally witnessed, you might get to continue living as a trophy sex toy, locked in a storage shed for protective safekeeping. Otherwise, get ready to learn if thereā€™s an afterlife or not.

Addendum: If winning yandere (chosen or not) is twins/triplets/etc - determine if they consider each other one person (Nana & Nono) or distinct individuals (Elis & Alice). The battle may not be overā€¦

No real choice thoughā€¦ Yandere Harem is a bad idea: youā€™re bound to give one too much attention, even if itā€™s only for a minute or two, which would start jealous rivalry (obviously bad). Even if you didnā€™t give too much attention, it could be perceived it was too muchā€¦ doesnā€™t take much to get a yandere into kill mode, and theyā€™re all Alpha Females.

I like how the Yandere Drama CDā€™s, each pretend the featured girl (or girls) won the battle royal for the protagonist. They even forgive him for having other girlsā€¦ they just get upset when he turns down their love. Heā€™s a jerk for doing something heartless like that.

EDIT
Translation of character summaries taken from 4chan:

EDIT 2
There was a crossover Omake drama story:

http://www.edge-records.jp/title/nemure ā€¦ gyafun.php

Itā€™s quite insane and entertaining: Imouto VS Yandere is nothing short than epic.