a look at shingo's place

shingo has put a few photos of his otaku room on his blog site so if you want to learn more about his life outside of peapri (which is prolly not any different anyways, other than the pirate spy aspect of it), go to heiseidemocracy right now and take a look :stuck_out_tongue:

LINK

ADD:
i know shingo’s a figure freak, but i personally didn’t know that he is able to do garage kits as well, with all the ventilation setup and all, and hell he has more books than i do

and where are the photos with the hugpillows :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 04-22-2007, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Where’s your blog so I can post all of your disgraceful secrets, Lamuness!! >:O

No hug pillows for you, I fail at being an Olf clone.

i started one not long ago but since i am too lazy (or rather have other better things to do) to update it i decide to just abandon it altogether

ADD:
but then, there’s always mixi :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 04-22-2007, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

come on people…nobody cares about what shingo’s room looks like? :stuck_out_tongue:

You posted this while the Europeans were sleeping.

Wow, what a mess… But what an otaku! That’s a lot of stuff.

Why the cardboard window? People aren’t allowed to see what’s inside?

Nope, nobody does. And that’s how it should be. =_=

That’s a poor man’s curtain, until I get a proper one in place. People typically do take measures to keep out morning sunlight and prevent others from viewing the private content of their homes, I believe, though the cardboard is admittedly a pretty tacky way to do it.

[ 04-23-2007, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

When I was all but broke, my poor man’s curtain was a bedsheet. It does look a bit more like a curtain.

Actually I thought Shingo’s room is amazingly neat. Then again, he only just moved in, I believe.

I’m not too familiar with model/figure work myself; but what’s that huge tube that sticks onto the wall and into that cardboard box for?

Hahaha Let’s Meow Meow! and The Sagara Family.

Impressive collection. I don’t suppose you have a rough estimate of what your collection is worth, or how much you’ve spent on it?

Did you bring over the same cardboard boxes that were covering the windows from your old place to use in your new one? :slight_smile:

I take it you’re not a console gamer Shingo?

Now it’s Lamuness’s turn!

[ 04-24-2007, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

the duct’s most likely used for ventilation for spraypaints and stuff (toxic gases etc)…or for smoking pot :stuck_out_tongue:

my room? ya i figured that to be fair i should show mine too but given the fact that i do live with my parents it’s not even remotely as impressive as shingo’s

let me do some tidying first

[ 04-24-2007, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Uh-oh, Based on his avatar, it looks like he’s going to hang himself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually… I believe that’s a character, and a scene, from a certain game just translated recently… unless I’m mistaking it for Wind (then again, NNL’s translation of Wind has a soft spot in my heart)

Actually, it takes effort, skill and a certain load of ability to maintain a room like that; it’s wierd for some, perhaps, but its cool for others. That room is the hallmark of a true fan.

It’s very tidy and spacious compared to your old room.I wonder how could you cramp all those things in that “otakuroom”,not to mention inviting someone in.

you just haven’t seen some of the more “impressive” ones…ones that even native japanese people go wow at :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry for bumping this old thread, but since shingo and a certain tabloid journalist were bugging me to post pics of my room back then…in all due respect and fairness of shingo showing his place, here’s my (much less impressive) room:

LINK very big image, 900K, 1200x900pixels = be warned

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Heh, nice.

Nowhere near the level of a friend of mine’s room, but still very nice.

And I must give you credit for the Exkaizer figure. I want it, but lack of funds prevents me from buying it just yet. :<

So I shall have to be happy with just my Gaogaigar for now… eheh. Always nice to see a fellow Yuusha fan, though. :slight_smile:

…now I am tempted to show pictures of my closet of a room…