A New Pulltop game officially coming out...but no JAST?

It’s interesting. But that guy totally missed the point of why so many people are complaining. It’s not because of cutting the freaking ero scenes (people are accepting that in case of Aselia anyway) but because of heavy editing of text and CGs.

The issue of who does the editing is also a pretty important point - since Kono Daichi no Hate de was an official release by XUSE - and a highly regarded one - there was never really any doubt. This is editing being done by Moenovel entirely for localisation and some of the editing seems downright unnecessary (like censoring kissing, really??)

I like how no one gives a fuck about the shitty translation quality.
GG

most people just want a translation they don’t care how good that is why crunchy roll is so popular even if they do piss poor subs

Whoa, this forum suddenly came to life again.

I wrote an opinion piece on the If My Heart Had Wings affair, partly in response to that Kakera Complex article:
Why I won’t be buying If My Heart Had Wings

Well, for those of us who are monoglots, it’s not easy to tell the difference between a good translation and a bad one, short of copious Engrish. Besides if the choice is between a bad translation and nothing, we’ll take the bad translation, absent other issues like the censorship in this case.

Good god I hope this is the first and only release this company ever puts out and dies a horrible death-that way, it could serve as an example of what happens to VN localization companies when they butcher a perfectly fine game into mince meat. This is completely alienating to the small, dedicated fanbase that is currently supporting JAST and MG.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/04/ne … -the-west/
Apparently they haven’t given up. It sounds like they’re gonna focus on Will’s HD visual novels. Anyone got a list of which of their titles are HD? We’d be able to roughly assume what they’ll do next based on that.

False dichotomy. It is possible to care about something without it being a deal-breaker. To me, a bad translation is not a deal-breaker the way the ridiculous censorship is. It is just a black mark against the product. It is possible I won’t buy your game if it has a bad translation, but then again, I might. Bad translations are usually something a company grows out of (unless it just dies).

Partial list, some of these based on educated guesses:

PULLTOP

Shinsei ni Shite Okasu Bekarazu
Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete (of course =P)

PULLTOP LATTE

Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to

ETERNAL

Gin Toki no Corona

PROPELLER

Sukima zakura to uso no machi
Tokyo Babel

ENSEMBLE

Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas
Ojou-sama wa Gokigen Naname

MEPHISTO

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide

PRALINE

Duelist Engage
Anata no Koto wo Suki to Iwasete

Being Will, there’s of course potential crossovers between titles JAST could potentially pick up and titles Moenovel might localise. Just hope JAST gets the good ones first! (On the other hand, Tokyo Babel potentially wouldn’t require any editing, unless they’re serious about the 12 year old French girls thing :frowning: it’s quite violent)

EDIT: Removed Bellstars and Lovekami after realising they weren’t HD. Added Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas after realising it was.

m-muh erotic scenes!

I’d rage if Moenovel somehow licensed Corona and censored it.

Kotaku.com review: http://kotaku.com/as-the-article-said-t … -878535830

edit:

hardcoregamer.com review: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/07/13 … had-wings/