A Peachprincess Re-pack

So when is peach princess going to jump on the wagon and release a re-pack of games made YEARS ago?

sorry… just thought that it was funny that, thats jast’s only claim to fame when g-collections and peachprincess are actually TRYING for new titles…

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
So when is peach princess going to jump on the wagon and release a re-pack of games made YEARS ago?

sorry... just thought that it was funny that, thats jast's only claim to fame when g-collections and peachprincess are actually TRYING for new titles...

In case you aren't aware (don't remember seeing you around much before recently, doesn't mean you weren't here or that you didn't lurk)...here's what little I know of the story:

Jast (the parent company, NOT Jast USA) is now bankrupt. Jast USA cannot license any more titles from them. (This is why Transfer Student took so long--Jast was in trouble so Jast USA had to do themselves what Jast would normally have done.)

As for why Jast USA can't just do tons of Jast games now...well, bankruptcy doesn't work like that; at least in the states (and probably in Japan) the rights to the game library would have been auctioned off. And in addition the computers holding the data as well. So it may now be impossible for anyone to do anything with some titles, and licensing has certainly become much much harder.

i was trying to be funny…

However since gamespot dont mention when bishoujo game companies go under i did not hear or read about it.

as for me not being here… im almost insulted… just cuz i didnt have the kahunas to register to the forums till after snow drop released

Well, like I’ve said before, sometimes it’s hard to tell when someone’s joking or being sarcastic on the boards. Although I think Nandemonai-san could have phrased his response a bit differently as well. shrug

Licensing for older items is always a bit goofy, even if the company hasn’t gone under. Sometimes, it’s hard to find out who does have the correct license so that you can talk to them about relicensing for an English market. That was part of the problem when trying to bring over anime way back when. (I think they even talked about such a problem in the ADV anniversary edition commentary on Devil Hunter Yohko.)

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
i was trying to be funny...

However since gamespot dont mention when bishoujo game companies go under i did not hear or read about it.

as for me not being here... im almost insulted... just cuz i didnt have the kahunas to register to the forums till after snow drop released

Sorry, it was late and I was tired. At least I think it was late. Yesterday was kind of weird. (Now that you mention it I do remember seeing you around. Chalk it up to my horribly horribly horrifically bad name recognition, I guess...)

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Well, like I've said before, sometimes it's hard to tell when someone's joking or being sarcastic on the boards. Although I think Nandemonai-san could have phrased his response a bit differently as well. *shrug*

Licensing for older items is always a bit goofy, even if the company hasn't gone under. Sometimes, it's hard to find out who does have the correct license so that you can talk to them about relicensing for an English market. That was part of the problem when trying to bring over anime way back when. (I think they even talked about such a problem in the ADV anniversary edition commentary on Devil Hunter Yohko.)

Add to that, that sometimes Japanese companies simply DO NOT want to work with companies that are "non-Japanese" companies, and you have a real problem. It's not so much a matter of bigotry as it is of being after of what we expatriates called "The English Factor."

The English factor is not easy to explain but it works a little something like this: Japanese person sees non-Japanese person, is thus reminded that they don't speak English well (at least that is their perception). Japanese person "panics" and that's all she wrote. Most certainly not all Japanese people are like this, but too many are, and it hampers otherwise good relations. Much to the bufuddlement of both sides.

This is my personal opinion based on the experiences I've had living here in Japan for the last five years. Take it or leave it as you will.

Best regards,
Made in DNA

quote:
Originally posted by Made in DNA:

The English factor is not easy to explain but it works a little something like this: Japanese person sees non-Japanese person, is thus reminded that they don't speak English well (at least that is their perception). Japanese person "panics" and that's all she wrote. Most certainly not all Japanese people are like this, but too many are, and it hampers otherwise good relations. Much to the bufuddlement of both sides.

I can understand that. Pretty much what happened to me when I was in the Japanese Student Association in college. Being the only non-fluent speaker in the group, when the conversations turned into rapid fire Japanese, I usually ended up in a slightly paniced state hoping nobody would try to get me to respond since I'd just break the flow of the conversation.