A possibility?

I’m representing for the capitol of KANSAS. Since I’m in the middle of the states, Ya’ll should come here!

while chatting can be fun. That need for me is basically sated by this bbs. I actually want to meet all of you. A chatroom isn’t enough.

quote:
Originally posted by ksarchet:
A chatroom isn't enough.

"The world is not enough"... And a chatroom is boring compared to meeting people in real life, althrough it could be interesting to use a chat and chat with everyone someday [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].
But keep in mind that people here usually are busy, or don't have any access to Internet during certain time-periods, so... We did attemt to use a chatroom once before, right? But people stopped come to it...

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
(...)
But keep in mind that people here usually are busy, or don't have any access to Internet during certain time-periods, so... We did attemt to use a chatroom once before, right? But people stopped come to it...

The main problem is the time difference (between time zones)... Everyone need to sleep and most to work... But wa can try once again. Just give us the channel! ^_^

I have a story for people who were on a MUD and then met in real life. All they ended up doing was logging on to the MUD most of the times, when a terminal was about. Probably the fact that they were in the middle of a war had something to do with it too, but it was a little… (chotto…)

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
No one else is interested in a chatroom? I guess I'll start one. Any suggestions on which network? Usually I'd say Dalnet, but they aren't exactly stable.

Edit:
Looks like Dalnet isn't all that popular. Suggestions are currently ETG, AnimeCo, and Afternet. Anymore suggestions? Or is it only one person is interested :P.

[This message has been edited by joe_kun (edited 10-04-2002).]

Unless I'm mistaken we tried that once, and no one ever hung out there.

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
The main problem is the time difference (between time zones)... Everyone need to sleep and most to work... But wa can try once again. Just give us the channel! ^_^

Well, it doesn't hurt to try! ^_^

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Probably the fact that they were in the middle of a war had something to do with it too, but it was a little... (chotto...)

Hmmm. Sounds bad. But still, they got together because they were playing in the MUD, so meeting in person would have been no good idea from the start, because they were missing their original purpose.

We here, on the other hand, are discussing about the games and I think, a direct meeting in person could be a great improvement, because you would get an immediate answer to your point instead of having to wait until the other one is online again, has read your post and finally decided what to reply.

However, this would also some of us put into a spot, because there is less time of thinking, what to say and you have no opportunity to edit your reply, before you finally post it. Also, some of us might be not all that fluent in english and would take more time to build the sentences, they want to say, while the discussion already moves on into another direction. So, some more discipline than usual would be required.

However, trying joe_kun's chatroom could be a means to prepare for the real meeting... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-07-2002).]

What’s the best IRC client for the windows? This mIrc isn’t working out for me.

I’m spoiled. I live in the San Fransico Bay Area. The route of the local bus takes me within two blocks of the Nikaku Animart. Sure I could go elsewhere for my anime fix, but why waste the fifteen minutes?

There is a local theater that regularly shows anime.

I only wish my local PBS station still aired anime on a weekly basis.

As much as I would like to go to Japan, I think meeting everybody there would be a problem. In addition to the very high living expenses, I would be far to destracted trying to get into Gainax or Ghibli to meet with anybody. Of course, I could just meet everybody during their lay-overs, since almost every trip (LA and San Diego might get nonstop flights) to Japan passes through SFO.