A small inquiry

I may be adding two plus two to get four with this thought but I wish to put it out there and perhaps someone with more knowledge could be helpful or just tell me how viable or improbable it is.

The first two: I recently purchased a new cellphone to replace my old one. The Razor phone had available, once set up, several games with some being fairly good and inexpensive to download directly to it…then I thought…

The second two: Japan, from my understanding, has probably the biggest cellphone culture in the world or close to it. Perhaps since they also excel in such phone technology and bishoujo gaming I wonder if they download visual novels and/or small bishoujo games on theirs…

The unknowns to get four: I have no idea what coding is used for these games…conventional wisdom says it is probably simplistic due to some size parameters…but the LCD quality on this phone is pretty good so… I don’t know if they do indeed make such things for cellphone use or if that is culturally a taboo there (I would doubt it.) Translation and cost to keep it cheap and profitable enough…that is probably the biggest “no go” part of the equation for the English market.

So, am I really off the mark for this or is there a Viper Paradise (pair-ah-dice for those that dislike it) game available for cellphone download anywhere? Or has Mr. Payne not taken over a small niche in that market yet?

While I am at it, another question for Jlist folks:

Ever thought of adding a wishlist option to the website?

if there’s a wishlist option, the list will get sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long and 99% of the wishes will not come true, so is there a point?

Try praying to the EroGoddess for salvation from the evil 99% :slight_smile: .

if there’s a wishlist option, the list will get sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long and 99% of the wishes will not come true, so is there a point?

If you are merely using it for wishes I am sure that would happen. :slight_smile:

I use such “wish lists” merely as tagging agents to help me find the wanted item again when my entertainment budget allows. I have found, even when using fairly specific field options on a search, you get several unwanted results you must dig through to find the specific one again on Jlist.

I think I am demanding of computer resources to make such repetition (digging) obsolete; there is no telling how much money I have spent on other sites merely because I didn’t have to search for something 'til my eyes were bloodshot. It is bad enough from programming…

I have a question for those that might know a little more about the origin of this bishoujo game…

I purchased, some months ago, a game called Graduation from Mixx Entertainment. This game, apparently, was the only one they ever translated or plan to translate.

Now…my question is this: Is anyone familiar with the JP version and could tell me what, if any, content has been removed or censored from it? It is a halfway decent game and I was wondering if it is worth the effort to find a copy of it from the other side of the big pond.

Interesting note: Mixx would later rebrand themselves as Tokyopop and become mad successful. I don’t really know how they did Graduation, or why, but I don’t think it did very well for them at all.

HOLY S… !!!

And to think that Pick Me Honey was not that popular (though it’s cool to know the original Japanese title for that game)

That guy obviously has the powers of Haruhi Suzumiya (or maybe that’s just wishful nthinking). I wish he wished for KGNE… or Majipuri… or Kanon… or… the 99% list goes on

Speaking of wishes coming true

In the Jlist update they now have wishlists!!!

Thank You Mr. Payne

Now instead of having to scroll through five million pages and updates and fielding searches that hardly ever find what I am looking for I can merely retain the information and purchase when ready. Goodbye to bloodshot eyeballs?

Now please give me a few days to, once again, dig through the website looking for those few tidbits so I can add them

Second note on the Graduation game: I’ve wondered that as well Nandemonai. I think, from the strange way I found and purchased this game, either it wasn’t well marketed or it fell inbetween bishoujo “niches” for North America. It either had to be a cut down version of an ecchi (“H”) game or was merely a rereleased of a “cute” title with a few cultural oddities for a bigger Japanese audience. It doesn’t go far enough for some and too far for others.

I dunno. It is challenging but the payoff isn’t, well, a beautiful naked anime lady. It plays like a life sim but has a distinct bishoujo feel to it. I like it and would love to know more about the original but I am afraid I will have to be happy with my English version for now unless someone else has knowledge of it.

Also, the voice acting was SO AWFUL that I’m not the only one I know of who had to turn the sound off in order to play. Which didn’t help the game.

Despite being very fond of that genre, I only made it through the game once.

Despite being very fond of that genre, I only made it through the game once.

I will agree that the voice acting is, well, hideous at best. I still like the premise it is build on though (which keeps me playing it from time to time.)

Could anyone suggest a title that is a stat building life sim with multiple ladies as this one? I know there are must be several available from the JP side of the bishoujo world. Between stat building RPG, life sim, and slight sex romp seems to be my favorite arena of late.

I even like some of the older DOS versions of stat builders I found like Maids Story. Unfortunately that game was included in that mixed up pirated jumble (which was supposed to be legit old copies) of stuff I got from Ebay. I wish I could find a legitimate copy of it but due to age I doubt I would ever find it.

Actually on wishlists and getting something translated I win. Go Here:

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi/1144/70?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000067

-So it doesn’t hurt to request a game, who knows you may get Lucky!

note the date of the post

[ 12-01-2006, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Series5Ranger ]