A tidbit of news

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2003/1384.html

…Uh-huh. First EVE Burst Error gets a facelift on the PS2, and now this? (What’s interesting is that most bishoujo games that get converted normally go to the DC, not the PS2.)

Looks like PS2 is trying to cut out its own niche in this genre. The Dreamcast is really on its last legs right now, I’m amazed they still released games.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
The Dreamcast is really on its last legs right now, I'm amazed they still released games.

That's what I wanted to say but couldn't figure out how to put it. If a console is no longer sold or promoted, it is about to die and the companies developing software have to choose which next hardware they are going to support (if they are not simply bought by the producer of the new hardware anyway!)

* still [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/mad.gif[/img] about "DoA3" and "Munch's Odyssee" being released exclusively on X-Box *

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 04-23-2003).]

Games were released for the Saturn years after its “official” death…

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
Games were released for the Saturn years after its "official" death...

Same can be said of SNES.

quote:
Originally posted by Kagami:
Pirvate Nurse on PS2?
Is that even possible? Won't they have to cut like half the game? :P

Although, they did port Natural 2 to GBA, so I guess anything is possible.

Whoa, they did Natural 2 for GBA? What other Bishoujo games were ported to GBA? I might have to really get my hands on that console now. I'm already going to get it for King of Fighters, SNK Vs. Capcom, and Metal Slug Survival Mission.

believe me…they butchered natural2 really really bad

it’s more like a fun game than what the original PC version was like

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
believe me...they butchered natural2 really really bad

it's more like a fun game than what the original PC version was like

What does 'more like a fun game' entail?

Heck, if you want to talk about console longevity you have no better example than the NeoGeo. That suckers like an antique by console standards and it’s still going strong. And, the better part, is still obscenely expensive which has always kept me from owning one. =P

Harlequin

quote:
Originally posted by Harlequin:
Heck, if you want to talk about console longevity you have no better example than the NeoGeo. That suckers like an antique by console standards and it's still going strong. And, the better part, is still obscenely expensive which has always kept me from owning one. =P

Harlequin

Neo Geo Pocket Color baby, that's the way to go, it even has Bishoujo games on it. Plus having 2 MVS next to my house doesn't hurt, I get to play all the spanking new cool stuff.