Adam: The Double Factor - opinions needed

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
The graphics are updated in the LTD version right?

Yeah (jeez, I'm suddenly an EVE expert [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] ).

This has doubtlessly been discussed billions of times, but how does one play Japanese games on XP? My search wasn't particularly helpful.

EDIT: Found Kagami's page. As a novice I don't really want to fiddle around with my system though.

[This message has been edited by Interzone (edited 01-14-2004).]

Actually, it is pretty easy. You just have to install the east-asian-language-support (that is usually excluded in a standard-XP-installation) and change the national/language-settings to japanese.

On XP, I recommend to create a special user whose settings are modified for playing japanese games. Only one of the settings that has to be changed is not user-related: The language-setting for non-Unicode-programs.

Thus, your “fiddling” with the settings wouldn’t affect your normal user-account (except the non-Unicode-setting).

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:

On XP, I recommend to create a special user whose settings are modified for playing japanese games. Only one of the settings that has to be changed is not user-related: The language-setting for non-Unicode-programs.

Hmm, so if I set up a new user account it absolutely wouldn't affect the primary "administrator" account? Heh, it seems too easy. I'd end up frucking up something, I tells ya [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Although the settings could be returned to English if necessary, right?

Yes all the setting are easily reset back to the english. It’s not very hard to change back and forth between them. XP is a godsend for us import gamers

Oh man…now I’m going to have to buy the EVE DVD, you know that? Then, when I can afford it, the English version of Eve so I can understand what’s going on in the damn thing. My wallet screams, always in vain…

Although the GB pound - US dollar exchange rate is favourable right now, at least.