Adam: The Double Factor?

This game looks pretty awesome and I’ve wanted to get it for a while, but the only thing stopping me is the translation. I heard that Himeya did a weak job with translating this title, so I want to know - does it take away from the game at all or is it even that bad to begin with?

It is bad, at times you will hope you had a satelite laser cannon to blast the translation team, but most of the time you’ll be so deep in it you won’t notice or won’t care. Westernization (americanization?) of the story is probably the worst part of it, but there are a few typos in there as well along with other translation oddities.

Anyway, get the game, you’ll enjoy it regardless. One of the best games out there, with a good story and decent graphics (ie.: minimal pre-pubescent screeching and few eyes-like-saucers).

Yes Adam: The Double Factor (Adam:TDF) is pretty good. However, the story is not ‘complete’ - the story is left unfinished…

For the ‘full’ version, try out EVE: The Fatal Attraction (EVE:TFA). This is C’S ware’s attempt to complete the story of the original Adam game (Adam:TDF). Basically, EVE:TFA has all of the story of Adam, with new CG, but without the H-scenes. Most importantly this time it finishs up the story properly.

If I have to choose between Adam:TDF and EVE:TFA. I will choose EVE:TFA without any doubt. I hate playing an unfinished game.

Here is a link to the EVE:TFA:
http://www.game-village.ne.jp/eveonline/evetfa/main.html

The problem is - EVE:TFA hasn’t get translated to English yet. So if you want to try it, you will have to use the Original Japanese version, which I think is worth learning Japanese for :slight_smile:

[This message has been edited by Jyhnc (edited 12-12-2004).]

Translations sucks, story isn’t quite as good as eve burst error, but on the positive side they have better graphics and it’s not edited.

My last question about the game: Does it include Japanese text as well, or is it only the English version? Not a very important detail, but I’d just like to know.

UnknownSoul,

If you are refering to the Adam: The Double Factor - it is the English version, therefore all the dialogs are translated to English. The original Japanese text is not included.

I just like to remind you that Adam: The Double Factor’s story is NOT completed - It ends with the story unfinished. I was pretty disappointed with this back then when I played Adam.

I was having fun with it, but I bought it used and one of the disks was bad so I never got to finish it. I’ve always meant to go online and order it, but my money situation is never right.