Age Differences in Romantic Relationships

while we are busy finalizing bazooka cafe (golden master very soon!), i was talking with shingo the other day on the subject of dating, which led to the subject of age differences between partners. shingo said he read something to the extent of (correct me if i am wrong): “its best if both of you are at the same age, or at least 10 years difference (compared to say 5-6 years diff)”, and then there’s the “half-your-age-plus-seven” rule which i have never heard of until now. anyways, i thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss here and see what you guys think.

what’s your take on age differences between romantic partners? how big of an age gap do you think you can accept, both for yourself and for others?

for the sake of keeping this thread sane :stuck_out_tongue: lets assume the following:

• this is a real-life situation (we all know that age does not matter in bishoujo games so lets leave that out of the equation :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • both partners are of legal age, ie 18 or older (no talking about 50yr old men screwing 10yr old lolis :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • the relationship is not primarily based on sex or money (so-called “gold-diggers”)

Voted.

My philosophy is,

“If there’s grass on the field, play ball!”

I hope that doesn’t sway any undecided voters.

I would have voted roughly 25 years, but that wasn’t a choice, so instead I went with 8-10 years as the next best thing. I’ve seen a lot of older men enjoy healthy relationships with younger women and vice versa. To a large extent, age is just a number; HOWEVER, if it’s past 25 years then I think the relationship is going to suffer problems, such as a general misunderstanding of culture, interests (ex. music), finances, and even politics. These kinds of things can surprisingly put a damper on a relationship.

Regardless, I’ve seen some 50 year olds and older who are in incredible shape and look VERY young in large part to a good workout routine. Can you believe Arnold Schwarzenegger is 60 years old? These people can get away with dating younger women not only because they look young but they FEEL young.

Something else that has been brought up by a number of fashion experts… People have been saying this for a long time, but it’s starting to be really true of this generation: 60 is the new 50, 50 is the new 40, and 40 is the new 30. This means a 40 year old nowadays can get away with dating a 30 year old. It’s becoming culturally acceptable.

Btw, if it makes any difference, I’m a 21 year old guy and I wouldn’t be caught dead with some 40’ish year old chick who lived during the Cold War =D.

[ 09-27-2007, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: ReMeDy ]

Age is of no concern when it comes to True Love!
Maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:
Hey, imagevenue too started censoring innocent :stuck_out_tongue: CG’s?! Oh well, buy this for the answer…

[ 09-27-2007, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Baldo ]

In love…age does not matter…
No matter how years…even different timelines…
If it is love… Nothing can stand in its way…

If it is true love, we mean…
If it is lust… Then its a different story…

I don’t know. For the sake of argument, an 80 year old dating an 18 year old is just plain wrong :stuck_out_tongue: .

Okay, so Hugh Hefner (ie. Editor-in-chief for Playboy, now 81) can get away with it because of his popularity and money, but it won’t work otherwise :roll: . Even then though, I strongly suspect the women don’t truly LOVE Hef, which is the question – can a young 18’ish girl really LOVE an old guy? Hellz no!

[ 09-29-2007, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: ReMeDy ]

All is guided by reason…
… No matter if there’s only a small percent of chance that that is…happening…
It’s not below 0%…
… Whatever the reason…
There is no denying the fact that…its a possibility…

If its just dating, anything legal goes in my book. If I wasn’t married, I probably go for someone a little older than myself. (I’m almost 38) At work I tend to click with women in the early 40s where as young women in their mid 20s (or younger but there aren’t where I work) just annoy me to no end.

As for marriage, they have to be close in age or it doesn’t seem to work.