Air-Will Peach Princess Translate It?

quote:
Originally posted by tiger_of_the_wind2040:
It's definitely possible. Just a matter of time. Even if it is a very, very, very, very, long time.

The problem becomes ... if it takes too long, then by the time the market is big enough for it to sustain a release like Air, the title may well be obsolete, no longer worth releasing.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
The problem becomes ... if it takes too long, then by the time the market is big enough for it to sustain a release like Air, the title may well be obsolete, no longer worth releasing.

Or no longer possible to get working on current equipment without serious editing (bordering on full remake), which makes it an even less profitable venture. Just look at the number of games that won't work with Windows XP, or only work partially.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 03-01-2005).]

I find it difficult to understand that, though - a typical multichoice game engine is just not hard to program. If you’ve got the dialog tree and the graphics for the game, you can plug them into an engine and that’s pretty much the game, isn’t it? Sure, maybe the save/load screen would look different because you’d designed it differently on the older engine, but is that a big deal? Not to me it isn’t.

One of the reasons behind my current project (Not quite done yet) was to show that even an amateur can make a perfectly good engine easily. The engine took a couple of days. It’s the art and the storyline that’s been taking months.

Obviously it’s more complicated if you have extra features (like my map screen) but if a game is just read-and-choose, give me the content and I can plug it in, it’s NOT HARD!

Pap I noticed one of the characters from your game has a St. Louis shirt on. Are ya from there? I live in Illionis pretty close to it.

Nope. Been there, I think, but never lived there. St. Louis was chosen for the cheerleader’s uniform because… well, because it came to mind quicker than St. Paul. (What other saint-cities are there? My mind has gone blank.)

Hmm… looks like the project game “summer schoolgirls” has character designs that are heavily inspired by the anime “Shoujo Kakume Utena.” So much so that I see the exact characters from the anime with different hair color, and for Anshi (Anthy), a different skin color.

Yes, that’s absolutely true.

Did I mention one of the first b-games I played was Season of the Sakura? And that I’m a massive Utena fan (to the point that I keep nagging trying to get people to port the Utena game from the Saturn to the PC!) And, well, shoujo-ai?

(I keep forgetting to put the ‘DUH’ disclaimer on things because it’s so obvious to me.)

It isn’t even my only game with massive Utena references (No Juri-inspired character appears in this game, though. She’s had her turn already. Mmm, Juri.)

edit: Although if Anthy is the only one whose skin color you notice is changed, you’re not looking very hard!

[This message has been edited by papillon (edited 03-02-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
Nope. Been there, I think, but never lived there. St. Louis was chosen for the cheerleader's uniform because... well, because it came to mind quicker than St. Paul. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] (What other saint-cities are there? My mind has gone blank.)
I may haveto try this out then...simply because i live in St. Louis.