Akibado Problem......

I recently got a reply telling me a heavy influx of shipping requests they received at the same time has caused them heavy delays.

But it’s still no excuse that they rarely (if ever) reply to emails sent by their customers.

[ 07-21-2006, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Glemt Vapen ]

Why they don’t put that on front page ?, and why they continue to accept too many auctions request, if they are overflowed.

Glemt Vapen,

Atleast you got a reply from them, I have received nothing from them.

Maybe they are really busy and have not forgotten my items, I sure hope my items are somewhere in their office. It’s been like more then 8 weeks since I won the bid and nothing have changed.

Well, at least I always received my stuff from Akibado while doing business with them. And that has been for several years. You don’t have to worry about that, I think. The annoying thing about them is that you’ll never know for sure when you will receive your items or what’s their current status. -_-

By the way: I know it’s a bit off topic, but does anyone know a service that will help one buy stuff at Festivals, like Comiket, Wonder Festival and such?

2 month and no update for ani_otoko and no answers to his mails, it’s more than annoying…

I really want my items, even if i have to wait 3 bloody month, but i want to know what’s happens.

I got a confirmation for shipment last week. Unfortunately my deposit wasn’t enough to cover the whole shipping cost. So I sent another deposit to cover the remaining expenses.

I’ts already been a week and still no update to my account. I hope I will not have to wait 1 month before they ship it.

After I get all of my items, that will be the last time I’m doing business with them ever again…

One of my item got updated to the arrived status that had been waiting for more than two months. I’ve yet to see the change of status for my second item that had been waiting for more than over 6 weeks. Another thing I didn’t mention is that I requested shipping a little over two weeks ago for my other items, and yet to get them confirmed. I just hope they update my second item.

Looks like their pace is improving. They finally updated all my items to ‘arrived.’

Now I just have to wait for the shipping conrfimation…

I know your pain. They really have an awesome bidding system but the service fee tends to cost equal or more than the item you bidded for.

Anyway, I finally got a shipping confirmation. Their pace are indeed improving.

My second item that has been waiting for nearly 7 weeks have been updated to arrived. I requested shipping to ship all items today and told them to cancel the shipping request that I’ve made 3 weeks ago. I hope they ship these items out as I still have one more item still waiting for almost 4 weeks.

7 weeks for my 2 items, and still waiting, they don’t answer to the paypal dispute…

Hehe, it seems this thread is no longer in the #2 spot in a google search using keyword “akibado”. In fact, it didn’t even show up anywhere in the search, at least on my end.

/me generates conspiracy theories about Akibado being behind it, though I wouldn’t be surprised… shrug >> << >_>

One more horror story…I received my payment received confirmation on 7/3…for an in stock item that wasn’t marked “item arrived/unpaid shipping” until 8/9!! I immediately sent my shipping request on that day, and more than a month and multiple emails later, have not heard how much to pay for shipping.

According to the shipping schedule in August it should have been no more than 21 days…this is getting pretty ridiculous. I have sent multiple emails, and realized something:

In the email where Akibado said my item arrived, at the bottom it said “If there are any questions, please an e-mail to:
purchase@akibado.com”…in my latest order form copy (fake, to get their attention)…also from purchase@akibado.com…there is a notice saying “Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.”

I did a whois lookup on akibado.com, and sent out an email to basically all the akibado addresses I can think of. The website is registered to a Yugo Nagata at nao-sat@nifty.com, and so far no reply yet…what should my next step be? Is anyone else still having problems?

(Please consider that i’m not a native english speaker so i might not be able to explain myself very well)
I’ve been an Akibado customer for a while.Several times i had to enquiry for items that did take more than one month to be marked as arrived, but this time i’m sick of them.I’m waiting since 7/05 for some items i won, and as of now they still have to be updated.

It’s more than two months of waiting with no news, after several emails and two PayPal claims.They bothered to email me once to say me to retreat the claims and made excuses because they had an heavy influx of work or something.I did, and i did not ever heard a reply from them since.I’ve tried to send an email to every single address on the site, no reply.Don’t do business with them, ever.Use Rinkya instead; their fees might be very high but i’ve never had problems with them.

[ 09-26-2006, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: darkelhaym ]

Your english is quite good, how long have you been studying it? I’m usually impressed by non-native speakers. They always sound better, because native speakers use too much stupid slang and get careless.

Anywho, another pretty good site is www.nippon-export.com, it took them 3 weeks to get my stuff, but they always replied to my e-mails, and it got to me quickly once they shipped it. I don’t mind waiting as long as there’s actual customer service.

I’ve been studying English for five years, thanks :slight_smile: back on topic, has anyone here ever tried Mail Order Japan? Their customer service seems good enough since they did reply to many of my enquiries even if i’m not their customer (yet).

Hello, some news, my items finally arrived at akibado office around august 15 (auctions wins the 11 and 12 june…). I asked for shipping, 2 weeks later I received the answer, they only propose me EMS. I had to pay 10200Yens ( more than the value of the items…) one week after my payment, they sent my parcel. I received it very well packed. It’s take 3 month !!

soz for the bad english, i’m too tired to do better. :wink:

I’d say you’re probably out of luck on seeing any sort of solutions. I doubt any compensation will come about from anything either. Maybe there’s another parcel that hasn’t arrived yet? That’s about the only hope I can say to you.

Update from me.They finally did update the item that i won on the 7/5.The other one is still missing though.It’s been a total of three months since auction end.I hope the other one will be updated shortly…once i send the shipping request and receive my items i’m done with them.

As I said before, Akibado is victim of its own success, in my opinion (aka too many orders for too few people/employees).
I can’t say more, but (maybe) I’ve also got concrete proof on this. However someone at Akibado lurks here for sure, and if you keep pestering them with eMails menacing further “bad press” on the Net, I believe you will see positive results for your order.
Truly a pity that the “Akibado Problem” still persists :frowning: