Alicesoft

Very slim chance. I don’t think Alicesoft wants to sell the license for them.

AliceSoft is a great studio. I just can’t get over the fact that they’ve been making eroges since 1983… that’s before 3.5" disks came out, for crying out loud. You don’t last that long in the industry by turning out crap. Interested in knowing stuff about their earlier titles, especially AmbivalenZ (and the extent of its relationship with the newly-release AliveZ).

I respect Alicesoft in general, I don’t have any negative feelings about them: however they tend to release titles that I don’t place a “purchase priority” for… most of the time that is. Things like Rei Shiki and Big Bang Age, always keep me on my toes, so I tend to keep close watch of their new releases nonetheless. Because sometimes they do have something I want. 8)

I’ve heard Alicesoft mentioned many times in many places. But I personally never played even one of their games and these days I wouldn’t know where to start.

I played Beat Blades Haruka (well, some of it anyway) a few months ago and was rather underwhelmed by it. Admittedly, it wasn’t really my sort of game, but there were also a lot of flaws and things that should have been improved on or fixed - after the first playthrough, I just grabbed a 100% save file to see what I’d missed. The gameplay is simple, repetitive and becomes tedious after a while, and the characters and storyline were fairly shallow - so replaying it becomes a chore, especially since there’s a lot of repeated content you have to go through. Most of the game’s budget went into the ero-scenes, so it’s easiest just to unlock the good stuff via a save file :lol:. I wasn’t particularly fond of Shimaima either, but I’m definitely interested in playing Sengoku Rance.

Rance is definitely their best series.

alice soft is great I would really like to see Beat Angel Esculayer (typo) and double teacher life in english

I’d expect even if Alicesoft would be willing to meet a price PP would be willing to pay (unlikely given the general popularity of their games), that there would still likely be other complexities that would prevent PP from doing anything, such as having to negotiate with other regional translators, artists, engine designer, and/or etc. It’s possible Alicesoft has everything nice and contained so they can easily negotiate a deal by themselves, but that would be the exception rather than the norm.

My ???III thread didn’t have much reaction, though. T_T

Ya know… it’s kinda odd… I should like Alicesoft and be more excited about their releases, but I’m not… I can’t really explain it either, which makes it even weird. I’m just not as vocal about cheering their releases as I am for other studio.

On the flip side however: considering how popular (or at least I thought) Alicesoft is with Western eroge fans, I’m sorta surprised there’s a lot of silence on the boards for them. However according to newsletters I get from Hobbyshop and Himeyashop, Alicesoft titles frequently go out of stock and back in stock on a regular basis… so there has to be a fairly active group somewhere.

Yeah, I’ve never been that excited by new AliceSoft releases either. I mean, I’ll get Toushin Toshi III, but Sakaagari Hurricane comes out on the same day, and it’s a freaking GIGA game… there’s no comparison.

I’d like to characterize myself as more of a dyed-in-the-wool Alice Soft fan but I really only have it for the Rance series. Rance VI is one of the most fun electronic RPGs I’ve ever played, console or PC, and Rance VII was pure crack. 60+… no, 80+ hours played, and despite beating the game multiple times I still haven’t seen a large chunk of the content.

I’ve been mildly tempted by their non-Rance titles, but Rance 8 THE DETHAWING is the next Alice game I will definitely buy (and take off work to play).

I would love to be a part of producing these in English, but the logistical hurdles would be immense.