An useful explanation about bishoujo games

Was it a song played in the background?
If so, then for once I am glad Mozilla doesn’t support background sound.

I also want to add that that page says the girls are often below 18. I don’t think that’s true, because of the Sofu’rin guidelines, and the ages I’ve already seen for recent games.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 08-12-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Ex-S Woo:
I doubt too many people here would count as Otakus in Japan...it's a term for the super geeks who have no lives outside their hobbies, not for people who enjoy Anime/Manga/etc.

I am learning Japanese wholly for the purpose of enjoying my hobby more. I do not see how I can possibly deny being an otaku. In the Japanese sense of the word.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I visited the Man-Faye shrine

Why?

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
I also want to add that that page says the girls are often below 18. I don't think that's true, because of the Sofu'rin guidelines, and the ages I've already seen for recent games.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 08-12-2004).]

I think the article means "... if you stop pretending to believe then when they say they're over 18"

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Why?

To see what he looked like. Worst. Decision. Ever.

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
Yet worse, yell in a Bishoujo Games Convention "Hello, all you [b]HENTAI gamers!" [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img] [/b]

... or go into a used-game-shop, grab a copy of "AIR" and tell to the clerk (while a big line already stands behind you) I want to buy this HENTAI game. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

(For the ones not familiar with it: "AIR" out-ranks Kana as a tear-jerker with a great plot. So, this is almost a declaration of a religious war!)

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
(For the ones not familiar with it: "AIR" out-ranks Kana as a tear-jerker with a great plot. So, this is almost a declaration of a religious war!)

I dare you to prove it, by getting it translated so we can see for ourselves. Come on, come on, what are you waiting for!? Let's see some proof here, ok!? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 08-13-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
I dare you to prove it, by getting it translated so we can see for ourselves. Come on, come on, what are you waiting for!? Let's see some proof here, ok!? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Instead of "dare" I take "truth":
There is already a fan-translation project for AIR that is close to completion.

AIR? What is the general idea behind it if it is a bigger “tear-jerker” there Kana?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
AIR? What is the general idea behind it if it is a bigger "tear-jerker" there Kana?

This time, I have to pass again: AIR is still on my backlog.
Got it a year ago, but other games were more urgent and I want to have plenty of time in order to enjoy this masterpiece of Key.

EDT:
But perhaps you'd like to take a look at its product page?

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-13-2004).]

quote:
AIR? What is the general idea behind it if it is a bigger "tear-jerker" there Kana?
I'm surprised Unicorn didn't refer you to the Anime Densetsu review. Maybe because all but one of his reviews have disappeared from the site?
[edit: Sorry, it was Lamuness who has the boatload of reviews on the Anime Densetsu site.]

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 08-13-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
I'm surprised Unicorn didn't refer you to the Anime Densetsu review. Maybe because all but one of his reviews have disappeared from the site?
[edit: Sorry, it was Lamuness who has the boatload of reviews on the Anime Densetsu site.]

I see what it is meant by a bigger tear-jerker, sounds like it could somewhat be three times the tear-jerker with each of the girls having their own tragic tale.

Anything going on with this site? Someone's quote disappears, my reply appears up in the message I was quoting.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-13-2004).]

Also concerning AIR - The anime will be released in Japan in 2005. They just added a couple movie clips to the promotional web site, in case you’re interested.

Ah thank you, so this is a Region 2 only release at this time?

Yes I heard about the movies and it seems it is not getting wide distrubtion.

quote:
Ah thank you, so this is a Region 2 only release at this time?

Yes I heard about the movies and it seems it is not getting wide distrubtion.

As far as I can tell, this will be a direct to video release (obviously R2). Since it's still under development, it hasn't gotten any distribution yet. If Kanon is successfully released on R1, there's a good chance we'll eventually see AIR as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Instead of "dare" I take "truth":
There is already a fan-translation project for AIR that is close to completion.

Close, huh... In fan-translation time, that could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years...

Of course, I'd be more than happy to agree with you (or argue better for disagreeing with you) after getting to play it in English myself.

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:

As far as I can tell, this will be a direct to video release (obviously R2). Since it's still under development, it hasn't gotten any distribution yet. If Kanon is successfully released on R1, there's a good chance we'll eventually see AIR as well.[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 08-13-2004).]

Thank you. I read on another board there were pre-release notices or something for the movies showing in basically two places in all of Japan but maybein more then one theater in those places. Anyway that was for the movies that are not direct to video anyway, which they hope will drum up some interest in the series for future sales in theory.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-13-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
Close, huh... In fan-translation time, that could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years...

Of course, I'd be more than happy to agree with you (or argue better for disagreeing with you) after getting to play it in English myself.

There was one place I saw recently doing fan-translations that had all projects on halt for want of translators, cannot remember which one, but I hope it was not the one doing AIR.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I am learning Japanese wholly for the purpose of enjoying my hobby more. I do not see how I can possibly deny being an otaku. In the Japanese sense of the word.

...I don't see how that qualifies as being Otaku at all. Like I said, unless you've cut off ties to the outside word and do nothing but watch anime , read manga, and play H games...you're NOT an Otaku in the Japanese sense of the word.

Otaku literally means "House", and it refers to people who don't have a social life and stay in all the time. Unless you fit that bill, you're not an Otaku.

[This message has been edited by Ex-S Woo (edited 08-13-2004).]

Ewww thanks alot, read the part about the little girls hands and I wasn’t able to eat dinner last night . That sicko deserves what he has coming.