Aneore/true love

That’s funny. Hourglass works on my PS2. I haven’t tried it much on my computer since the graphics were all fuzzy around the edges and stuff.

Actually, I’ve had screwy things happen with DVD playback on computers. Try using a different media player on your computer, and see if that helps. I remember having some troubles with Hourglass and Windows Media Player. Try downloading Media Player Classic and see if that helps. Also check your player settings and see if checking/unchecking certain options causes any change.

Anyway, I’ve just gotten past the hurdle of saving Mana after crashing headlong into my first bad ending. This game is long! I think I’ve finally got a great b-game I can show my friends without the danger of being labeled a perv. If I get a good response with this game, then I can try mentioning Kana to them and see if they express an interest.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 11-12-2004).]

You’re joking, right? I thought I was at least 50% to 66% through now…not that I’m complaining.

I’ve been trying to Hourglass to work on my computer lately, and I’m having a hard time. Each media player seems to have its own unique batch of weird problems. With Media Player Classic the password screen doesn’t display any letters. With Nero ShowTime 2, the tracks skip a lot, abruptly cutting out entire sections. With Windows Media Player, the playback is almost fine, but the subtitles are timed improperly. What the hell? Have other people besides Ecchifan and me had problems getting this game to work on a computer DVD player? What codecs, if any, are involved in playback?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 11-13-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
I've been trying to Hourglass to work on my computer lately, and I'm having a hard time. Each media player seems to have its own unique batch of weird problems. With Media Player Classic the password screen doesn't display any letters. With Nero Showbiz, the tracks skip a lot, abruptly cutting out entire sections. With Windows Media Player, the playback is almost fine, but the subtitles are timed improperly. What the hell? Have other people besides Ecchifan and me had problems getting this game to work on a computer DVD player? What codecs, if any, are involved in playback?

Actually, I used PowerDvd on my comps, and the fast forward/next function skipped over decisions occasionally. no save passwords ever appeared.

I mainly used a portable Sony dvd player for the bulk of the 40 hours spent on this game. but the passwords never showed up either.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Anyway, I've just gotten past the hurdle of saving Mana after crashing headlong into my first bad ending. This game is long! I think I've finally got a great b-game I can show my friends without the danger of being labeled a perv. If I get a good response with this game, then I can try mentioning Kana to them and see if they express an interest.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 11-12-2004).]

Saving Mana is only 1/3 of the game. that's about 2 hours into it. Still got 4 more hours to go. lol

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
I mainly used a portable Sony dvd player for the bulk of the 40 hours spent on this game. but the passwords never showed up either.

I might have an idea about this...maybe. To get to the password screen, you have to access the root menu. Depending on the player, you access this menu in different ways. On my PS2, you press triangle. In Windows Media Player, you right click, go to DVD features, and select "root menu." There's a selection to show a password on the root menu.

quote:
Saving Mana is only 1/3 of the game. that's about 2 hours into it. Still got 4 more hours to go. lol

*Wrinkles brow* Huh? It's taken me at least 6-10 hours to get this far, maybe more. Unless you fast forward through the dialogue, I don't understand how someone could do it in only 2 hours...because I haven't done a terrible amount of backtracking. I have been recording passwords at every decision point, but I don't think that should triple the playing time...

BTW, I showed Hourglass to a couple of anime buddies today (or does the rising sun make that yesterday? :rolleyes [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] They seemed pretty interested. One of them immediately asked if it was among that 25% of all PC games sold in Japan (an H-game statistic I'd told him). Seems like I've blown my cover. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Just use a standard DVD player that connects to the TV. That’s what DVDs are made for.

Maybe nobody cares, but I thought I should note that I cannot fast forward Hourglass of Summer on my Region 1 Sony DVD player, but I CAN fast forward, rewind, and pause the game using the Cyber Home region switchable DVD player that I got from J-list over a year ago. I have the region code set to 0, but that should matter since all region codes do is restrict playback, not features, right? I wonder… Oh well, whenever I play Hourglass of Summer, I use that DVD player. It’s nice to at least be able to pause it if someone starts talking to you, or if the phone rings.

Can’t you pause the game on any player just by bringing up the root menu (containing the display password option)?

Sure can’t! When you do that and then resume the game, it doesn’t start where you left off. At least, not for me. It starts back at the last password point. So if you want to pause it using that method you might have to wait through several minutes of stuff that you just saw.

Whoops…you’re right. It happens to me too.

An interesting idea just popped into my head. . . can it be possible that Sony dvd players aren’t fully compatible with whatever Digiturbo, Ltd. (the dvd authoring company for Hourglass) used to put Hourglass on dvd-pg format? I’d love to test that theory out, but it’s not like I have many dvd players laying around the house.