Aneore/true love

I just see the site about MBS thrut and I discover this game.
http://www.teck.co.jp/truth/aneore/anetop.html
I’m not sure about the tittle but this game look very interessing, with greats graphic.
What do you think about this game?

yup i agree that the graphics are good and i even thinked that one of the girls looked like hayase from kimi ga nozomu eien (to some extent). However, we can’t judge this game from its graphic and we have to know its story plot before making any constructive or destructive reviews. :slight_smile: i sure hope its not a DARK game. I am SO sick of this genre.

[This message has been edited by warmaid (edited 11-11-2004).]

It looks really good indeed.

I don’t know about the story, but it seems to be something like the protagonist (our avatar) is a highschool student (allways!) living with his 3 sisters not-related to him by blood: one older sister/teacher, one same-age sister/classmate and one younger sister/underclassmate. And, for some reason, they start to have sex.

I don’t know if this one is a renai, kishiku or yarugee (most probably) game, but one thing who caughts my atention is the system during sexual encounters. They have parameters for Feeling and “Filling”. If you raise the “filling” parameter too much, the girl will get pregnant. That’s interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
They have parameters for Feeling and "Filling". [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] If you raise the "filling" parameter too much, the girl will get pregnant. That's interesting.

Pff...ha, ha ha. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] You have to love these new advances in gaming realism. What next...spontaneous fainting when the libido gets too high? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] You can't fault them for trying though. ANYTHING that adds a little gameplay is more than welcome...

The graphics are okay. Not especially good, but not bad either. That girl does sort of look like Hayase when she's in a bathing suit. As with most anime girls, the cuteness factor sinks as soon as the lipstick appears. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

A little off-topic, but I've been playing Hourglass of Summer lately, and I'm quite pleased so far. I'd say I'm somewhere between 25-50% finished with my first playthrough, and the story and characters are very appealing. Lots of interesting choices to make too. I'm going for Ai-chan. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] This is probably the first b-game I've played in which I felt drawn to every one of the "selectable" girls. Even the teacher drew me in somehow, and I usually avoid the "older women" characters like the plague. The story is very nice, and the choices make sense without being obvious or cliched. Of course, that opinion may change when I reach my first bad ending. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] I also like how they give the main character a voice, even for the narration. It helps give him personality.

My main gripe is that there a lot of choices to be made, and I feel compelled to write down the password at every decision point. This quickly becomes somewhat tedious, and it isn't helped at all by the fact that you have reveal the pass code letter by letter, with a significant lag inbetween letters. Also, the "animation" sequences where they move a character sprite around the screen look terrible--the choppiness is so bad that it's actually painful to watch. The opening movie is so-so, but the second movie after the first "day-drop" is beautiful.

So far, Hourglass of Summer stand heads and shoulders above Day of Love, and above most other b-games I've played as well. I hope it continues to please.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 11-11-2004).]

quote:
What next...spontaneous fainting when the libido gets too high?

Yes. Play Transfer Student.

I think you mean “don’t play it.”

I am wondering if it is strange to play b-games on PS2 and does the graphics look better in PS2 or the PC. adding on i heard many bad things about DVD b-games something like the password system, or the cannot skip dialogues or scenes as well as the high probability of restarting the whoole game to get some endings. Overall, it was still good as its story line make up for all the bad things that i have heard

Nice game, like Onnesan day by day from Azurite, LOL!!!

quote:
Originally posted by warmaid:
I am wondering if it is strange to play b-games on PS2 and does the graphics look better in PS2 or the PC. adding on i heard many bad things about DVD b-games something like the password system, or the cannot skip dialogues or scenes as well as the high probability of restarting the whoole game to get some endings. Overall, it was still good as its story line make up for all the bad things that i have heard

I don't think that's strange. Many great, fantastic story-focused BGames are ported to console every year in Japan, sometimes with lots of extras like mini-games, new characters and scenarios (but without erotic scenes, of course). As for the graphic quality, i think it really depends of the game. Generaly the PS2 version is better because many scenes are redraw/remade.

Take for instance PHANTOM OF INFERNO. So far it has 4 different versions: the original for PC(18+) had graphics with poor quality. But the DVD-PG version (16+) were better, with renewed graphics and full-voiced. After that, was released the re-renewed version for PS2 with even better graphics. Now we have a renewed PC(18+) version with the high-quality graphics from the PS2 version.

As for the DVD-PG games, i really don't think that's so bad. I'm not so lazy to complain every time i need to write some password. And considerating the fact i really love my DVDPG games (PoI and HoS), i don't feel like skip any part. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 11-11-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
As for the DVD-PG games, i really don't think that's so bad. I'm not so lazy to complain every time i need to write some password. And considerating the fact i really love my DVDPG games (PoI and HoS), i don't feel like skip any part. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

As Nandemonai said in the Tea Society and Hourglass discussion when Benoit compared Animeplay limitations to older console games
quote:
It isn't really a luxury anymore. Standards have changed; for me, at least, it is now an expected feature.

As for not skipping any part, all I can say is thank goodness that FF works with PC players. Having to watch old dialogue for an hour just to get to the next decision point was driving me crazy. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 11-11-2004).]

Older bishoujo games, actually.

And what’s FF?

quote:
Originally posted by warmaid:

In Hourglass at least you can skip scenes. In this regard it's better than PC games, because the skip feature is pretty much instant, while in PC games you have to wait through the fast-forwarding. Unfortunately there's no "skip previously read dialogue" feature, but of course there's no way they could implement that.

As for restarting to get endings, well that depends on the game, I suppose. With the instant FF I don't think it's a problem anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Unfortunately there's no "skip previously read dialogue" feature, but of course there's no way they could implement that.

Not true, as a matter of fact. It wouldn't be the easiest thing to do, but it could be done. A pretty simple graph theory problem, but actually implementing the solution would probably be painful.

How could the game know what dialogue you’ve seen in previous play-throughs without some sort of save state?

quote:
How could the game know what dialogue you've seen in previous play-throughs without some sort of save state?

You have to enter a password, right? You just encode that information into the password. It's a royal pain to create the password system, but not impossible.

I guess I see where you’re coming from. Still, ensuring that the system caught 100% of what you’ve already read would be a pain even on the user’s end, since the user would have to “save” even after aborted choices. And, like you say, encoding more than just a single, linear story path seems like it would be a tremendous task.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
You have to enter a password, right? You just encode that information into the password. It's a royal pain to create the password system, but not impossible.
Yeah, but DVD players can only execute firmware, right? They know how to handle button presses, load menus from disc and decode MPEG files. How do you get them to encode/decode passwords? That's why I say the DVD player is a poor choice for a game platform.

Hourglass of Summer seems to encode passwords somehow. I’ve saved at the exact same point twice in a row, and the two passwords were similar, but not exactly the same.

quote:
Hourglass of Summer seems to encode passwords somehow. I've saved at the exact same point twice in a row, and the two passwords were similar, but not exactly the same.
Hmm. Sounds like they're using some kind of decision tree to emulate program logic. What's relatively easy to do in a program with conditional branches and subroutines could be really hard to encode as a data structure. You'd have to create a state machine that reflects all previous states. Could get real messy if the same chapters have to be played for multiple paths, each with their own decision points.

To clarify what I mean by messy, consider the number of states needed for a relatively simple ADV. Let's say there are 6 decision points, each with 4 options. If each combination results in a unique state, that means there are 4^6 = 4096 possible game states. That's a pretty big branch table!

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 11-11-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
[quote] Originally posted by Nandemonai:
[b]You have to enter a password, right? You just encode that information into the password. It's a royal pain to create the password system, but not impossible.

Yeah, but DVD players can only execute firmware, right? They know how to handle button presses, load menus from disc and decode MPEG files. How do you get them to encode/decode passwords? That's why I say the DVD player is a poor choice for a game platform.[/b] [/quote]

I played my copy of Hourglass on 2 computers, and a portable dvd player (sony). None of them had the passwords working. :/