anime recommendatons

hi there. I am thinking of buying a couple of animes, just a random whim, really.
So would like your recommendations. What i want is English dubbing ( Doesn’t have to be great, just understandable).I am looking for some good story, light hearted, comedy - romantic stuff.
thanks a lot in advance. :slight_smile:

Have you seen any anime before? You could give us a list of ones you’ve seen that you like.

If you haven’t?!?!?!?!?!?! O.o then Love Hina would be a good place to start fitting your description.

Ummm, sorry.
I have watched some anime, not many.My favourite is Dragon Ball.I am looking for some thing like good teacher ozhikawa(spelling??),ranma 1/2 or Ai yori Aoshi.Hope that helps.

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) that’s correct spelling

Maison Ikkoku
Peach Girl
Kimagure Orange Road
Excel Saga
Golden Boy
Sakura Diaries
Marmalade Boy
Riding Bean
Bubblegum Crisis/Crash/Tokyo 2030
3x3 Eyes Collection
Seto no Hanayome (aka My Bride is a Mermaid)
Hayate the Combat Butler
my brain melts I couldn’t remember that I watched over thousand anime episodes.

Ah My Goddess
Please Teacher
Please Twins
Best Student Council (out and out satire here)
Moonphase (something about the building absurd moments is surreal)
Chobits

There are probably a few others, but these are the ones that have a heavy comedic and often romantic focus, though the emotional sincerity and serious undertones are quite obvious.

If you are ready to move up to a more mature kind of anime, then I can’t recommend enough Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and the second season which is called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig (usually abbreviated to GitS:SAC 2nd Gig). While I haven’t seen all of it yet, another more mature anime that is looking really good is Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit.

Well, if you don’t mean with “good story”, not depth that could be compared to the big b-game classics like “AIR” or “Tsukihime” (I think it is understandable that such a story wouldn’t go too well with “light hearted, comedy”), but just a consistent background for the story, then I think I should add the following suggestions:

• This ugly yet beautiful world
  • Maburaho
  • Godanner
  • Gravion (both seasons - otherwise you miss out on the story!)
  • UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie (the second season in particular!)
  • Karin
  • Familiar of Zero
  • Seven of Nana

… and just if you are a sucker for classical music and ballet as I am:

• Princess Tutu