Annoying UBB bug

you guys should be happy that we didn’t employ something like a 2channel style bbs…god it will take years for you guys to get used to it. the 2channel system isn’t bad, but a bit hard for newbies or people who are used to these type of BBSes (which is the majority of most BBS, style wise) to adjust to.

dont ask me why we chose ubbs; i came in years since peapri started, although i personally have no problems with it.

2channel style? What’s that? Example, please?

Hey it might be clichÈ, but in this case I fully agree with the saying of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. This system works, it might not be perfect but what is in this world and more so it seems to be very user friendly.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 04-15-2004).]

go bug kagami about 2ch

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
you guys should be happy that we didn't employ something like a 2channel style bbs....god it will take years for you guys to get used to it. the 2channel system isn't bad, but a bit hard for newbies or people who are used to these type of BBSes (which is the majority of most BBS, style wise) to adjust to.

By 2 channel system you mean a layout like delphiforum?
dont ask me why we chose ubbs; i came in years since peapri started, although i personally have no problems with it.

I just sent an email to boardhelp@gamefaqs.com in an attempt to do something about this issue.

quote:
Subject: Piracy issues harming the bishoujo game industry

Greetings,

First of all, I did read through the Help files.
Second of all, what I would like to let you know…

The bishoujo game industry is still very small. It needs all the support it can get. The biggest problem is people cracking/downloading the games, not paying for them. It really hurts the industry.
Of course, this is common stuff, but as I point out, it’s especially bad for these companies.
I’m talking about Jast USA, Peach Princess, and G-Collections.
www.jastusa.com
www.peachprincess.com
www.g-collections.com

Repeatedly, me and other bishoujo game fans see on the GameFAQs boards of those games, users who downloaded the game, openly say it, and often, ask help on how to get their PIRATED game to work. Also questions that are answered in the manual, which, of course, pirates don’t have. The best example is the question “How do I save?” on the BraveSoul board.

This is getting worse. The Horny Bunnies boards in particular are badly affected:
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=30812
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=34302
And it seems like the GameFAQs moderators don’t do anything about it. Topics repeatedly get tagged, messages marked, but they still remain, even after we can see that a GameFAQs moderator has taken a look.

So what I would like to ask, is if something can be done about this. These seem like TOS violations to me as well.

Thanks in advance,
Benoit

…what does this have to do with this thread?

Someone’s been hitting the bottle again.

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Someone's been hitting the bottle again. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

More like too much of the Lemon fresh scent.
The gaming boards is the right place to fight pirates, too bad almost all younger people pirate games and music. Mind it with fan dubs of unobtable manga it is hard to draw the line just what to do in that case.

[This message has been edited by woodelf (edited 04-30-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
...what does this have to do with this thread?

Weren't we talking about GameFAQs and the pirates on it?