Another review of bishoujo games

Well on the other forum where I frequent someone posted a thread about a review of bishoujo games from wired. Looks like wired doesn’t like bishoujo games either Anyways it sparked some discussion about bishoujo games. Here’s the link to thread
http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=519596&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post521916

Feel free back me up on my defense of bishoujo games

Well, it sounds like this guy just didn’t play the right game. A story-driven game might have improved his impressions of the genre, at least more than one of the sex-heavy games. Then again, this sounds like a more twitch kind of gamer.

It IS an improvement, though. This person was railing against the games for not being good enough, as opposed to being repulsive. The writer explicitly claimed that that focusing a game around sex was not necessarily bad.

… thank God for small blessings, I guess…

quote:
Originally posted by Sakamoto:
I mean, for me at least, if I didn't like a particular genre (such as yaoi anime) I wouldn't keep going out of my way to post on yaoi threads telling the yaoi fans how crappy I thought yaoi was. I would just avoid the threads.

Yes but then you could not try and get others to think as you do, which seems to be what she is doing if she is posting like the others that make such comments. They are always right others are always wrong and it would be better if everyone just agreed with them. That is crap of course but it seems typical, and it is always why they post, to try and get others to think as they do on such issues.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 06-09-2004).]

I sent a feedback to the article.

quote:
You obviously played the wrong games.
There are various types of bishoujo games, and you seem to have played only the ones who focus more on sex.
There are enough story-oriented bishoujo games, which usually involve some romance. Try:
-Critical Point
-Kana - Little Sister
-Crescendo
To name a few.
As for dating sims, you should try True Love and Tokimeki Check-In!.

I’m sort of amused by Jenwenn automatically assuming it’s only us guys playing these games. Or her off-hand comment that “maybe there are some girl fans out there…” Considering the three main sites I go for information and reviews are all run by women, I’m pretty sure there’s more than a “maybe” out there…

I have registered at that place. I’ll be posting a reply later today.

Yeah I listed Kana and Cresendo as games these people should check out before they label everything as sexfest games. Usually the people on that forum are more open to new things and one of the posters is actually very knowlegeable about untranslated games. I’ve asked him questions quite often about certain games he’s played.

That reply will have to wait until tomorrow…
Zzz…

Or until today. :stuck_out_tongue:
I just posted.

EDIT: o_O Hurray for 32400th post!

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 06-13-2004).]

Yes, the Wired article was frustrating. Um, why not IM me for a quote that can help round out the article? I’d be happy to oblige, and the writer had just interviewed me the month before. Ah well. It was still cool to see a posting on the games.