Any good DVD-PG games?

According to this they are played on DVD players or DVD-capable consoles
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/DVD_Players_Game

taken straight from the page

"DVDPGs began appearing in 2000, released by eroge makers and adult video producers, although a unified terminology was not set until 2001 by the EOCS. While most DVDPG titles are ports of PC games, in recent years original DVDPG games have been appearing. "

Does anyone here happen to know one of these original games by any chance? are there any good ones?

also I gather you can actually use your remote-is this just to select branching paths?

I’ve not heard of an original DVD-PG title, personally.

Yes, you do use the remote to select choices, you can also sometimes use it to fastforward in a limited fashion.

Hirameki released a number of their localisations as DVD-PG only, and they weren’t exactly well received =P

why though?

I mean I could understand some games have elements which wouldnt translate well at all [Gun Katana]

Others like GSS though would be perfectly fine on DVD ,hell it would be awesome to see that on a 46" plasma screen.Not to mention cheaper

Lack of convenient features we’re all used to (like skip, text speed, etc), slow playing, not working on many PC dvd-players, having to use a weird password system to save, the weird password system sometimes crashing?

I’m not sure if it’s what you’re talking about but Hourglass of Summer was fantastic and you can play it on anything that has a DVD player. I also heard Ever17 was the pinnicle of such games, too, though I have yet to confirm it.

I own Hourglass of Summer and I’ve never been able to play more than a little ways into it, as I’m not in the US (it won’t work in my DVD player) and it doesn’t run right in ANY dvd software I found, and I found lots.

I managed to get one that would mostly run, but the password/save system still didn’t work, and the lack of other features made me sufficiently frustrated that I never got back to it.

Ever 17 was sold in English as a PC game - if there was also a DVD version I’m not familiar with it, that’s certainly not what I had.

I played the PC version of Hourglass of Summer (Natsuiro no Sunadokei) - to be honest I didn’t really find it that fantastic and probably wouldn’t want to endure DVDPG just to read it.