Any good games for women?

I’ve never played any Bishoujo games before but I’ve wanted too. Usually because some weren’t fully translated over or there half translations so I never really wanted to pay $40 for something I’d only half understand.

Well for awhile I’ve been looking at various things from Peach Princess and for Christmas my wife bought my Brave Soul. Even though it wasn’t fully what I expected, it was a lot of fun and enjoyed it. She has been watching me play the whole time and it was fun.

This probably isn’t the place to ask but its the only place I know so hopefully some people will have some ideas. From what I recall Bishoujo means pretty girl so I would think Bishounen which means pretty boy would be the same thing for girls. Are there any good games like that or something my wife would enjoy where the main character would be a female instead of a male?

I’m not sure of any bishoujo games. However the xchange games you start out as a male and are changed into a woman by accident.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Severance:
This probably isn't the place to ask but its the only place I know so hopefully some people will have some ideas. From what I recall Bishoujo means pretty girl so I would think Bishounen which means pretty boy would be the same thing for girls. Are there any good games like that or something my wife would enjoy where the main character would be a female instead of a male?

Actually, this is one of the better places to ask. I'll have to break it down into parts though...

While bishoujo does mean "pretty girl" and bishounen means "beautiful boy" (going off J-List's definitions...) bishoujo games are played by both male and females. It's become the generic term for these type of games.

There are a couple of games with female main characters, like Water Closet or Amy's Fantasies. Some are dual-main character ones like Desire, Adam or Eve. And given it's nature, you do play the X-Change as a female...

Now for a game that your wife may like, Kana or Crescendo may be good, even though you play as a male. And I know several of the female posters here have liked Tokimeki Check-In. What you might want to do is check some of the websites run by females. Ladyphoenix, Rowena, and Hentai Neko all run such sites. That should give you some ideas of what games your wife may enjoy.

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 12-29-2003).]

Well…

I do know only few games for women.

My young sister loved Zelda series, Pokemon series, Final Fantasy series, others. (she loved RPGs, and Puzzle games).

Import games:

Tokimeki Memorial: Girl’s Side (Playstation 2)
Harvest Moon for Girls (Playstation, I think)
uhh… I forgot…

Crescendo would be a good choice for women as the game develops its female characters quite brilliantly and very realistically. Also, the third person narration lends a more “neutral” quality to the characterization, so the perspective isn’t skewed completely towards the main character’s thoughts and feelings, but encompasses those of the girls too.

Before that maybe u can specify what kind of games u’re looking(hentai or not,languanges,what is important,etc)

Coz I think some of the people on the board gave mixed kind of game.(Eve is non hentai,Tokimeki is Japanese,and WC is downrightsick)

[This message has been edited by RedHell (edited 12-30-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by RedHell:
Before that maybe u can specify what kind of games u're looking(hentai or not,languanges,what is important,etc)

Coz I think some of the people on the board gave mixed kind of game.(Eve is non hentai,Tokimeki is Japanese,and WC is downrightsick)

You need to be a little more exact because both Tokimeki Memorial and Tokimeki Check-In were mentioned. Tokimeki Memorial is an import game as RonXE-san mentioned (although I don't consider some of what he mentioned either bishoujo or bishounen). TCI has an English version.

I wasn't recommending either Eve or Water Closet, I was using them as examples of games with female characters. (And before anyone gets on my case about not recommending Eve, it's because I havn't played the game. I can't recommend something I've never played.) My actual recommendations were in my last paragraph.

i still say go wil the sim game, Casual Club Romance, i lent my copy to one of my friends and she loved it.

Well I’m looking for an English game. Even though I could take time to help translate a lot of the japanese, Enligsh is what she and I would prefer. It would need to be able to run on Windows Xp as well.

Adam looked interesting because of the dual characters but I haven’t been able to find much information on it. X-Change looks cute and funny so that would be interesting as well, X-Change 2 looks good as well. Water Closest she isn’t much into those extreme of fetishes. She enjoyed watching and I know she’d like to play something like Brave Soul but I’m just trying to find something that she can relate more too with a female main character.

Thank you so far for the great ideas, at least it gives me some ideas. We already spent yesterday going through a few and taking a look.

I’d recommend Eve: Burst Error to you guys, based on what you are saying…don’t get Adam right away, it is the sequel to Eve and it isn’t as good as the first one, so the main reason to play it is if you love Eve and want to continue the story…but love Eve first (and you will, it’s amazing)

as for X-change, I’d suggest getting X-change 2, but not the first, oddly enough…the first one is very poorly done…the second one is really fun and cute and you don’t need to play the first one to understand what’s going on

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 12-30-2003).]

This is just from some experience. MY friends girlfriend is really digging nocturnal illusions for some reason. Its the first game she has ever played in the category too. A little olf, but till a good title.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Severance:
Well I'm looking for an English game. Even though I could take time to help translate a lot of the japanese, Enligsh is what she and I would prefer. It would need to be able to run on Windows Xp as well.

Adam looked interesting because of the dual characters but I haven't been able to find much information on it. X-Change looks cute and funny so that would be interesting as well, X-Change 2 looks good as well. Water Closest she isn't much into those extreme of fetishes. She enjoyed watching and I know she'd like to play something like Brave Soul but I'm just trying to find something that she can relate more too with a female main character.

Thank you so far for the great ideas, at least it gives me some ideas. We already spent yesterday going through a few and taking a look.

Avoid XChange 1. The game isn't really funny, it's not very cute, and the creators seem to be under the impression rape is funny. XChange 2 is supposed to be much much better but I have not played it yet.

As for games that have female main characters ... don't know of any.

Games that I personally enjoyed:

Tokimeki Checkin!: A cute and funny game. You can only get one girl at a time, which is good; old school bishoujo games tend to have the main character sleeping with anything female and debatably legal. TCI avoids this quite nicely, and even though the characters are by and large b-game cliches, you won't notice - and they're well done. They each have good personalities, and the writing is clever.

Snow Drop and Private Nurse: both games are quite romantic and very good. I don't want to spoil anything by talking about the storylines; so I'll just say that the characters are well developed, the story is cute, and Snow Drop's graphics are stunning. (Private Nurse isn't as good in comparison, but is still acceptable.)

Finally, there are some collections available from Jast USA. I'd recommend these. One of the collections has Seasons of the Sakura, which is a good game about one year out of high school. All the girls in the game use character designs that go way past "inspired by" and into "ripping off" other, more famous characters, but that's a minor tangent. The other has Nocturnal Illusions, one of the best b-games in terms of mood and good music. Nocturnal Illusions actually has a much better story than the developers themselves were able to fully flesh out; it's odd.

Hmm, actually, come to think of it, you may want to run a general search through the topics. I remember someone else once asked what games he and his wife might enjoy. I’m sort of blanking on who it was at the moment though. Shouldn’t be that hard, I don’t think there were that many married guys on this BBS.

Hmm, this depends on what your wife likes. If she likes the gameplay of BS then you are out of luck as there really isn’t any english rpgs, besides the OOP Xentar. If your wife is more interested in romance and story then I you can’t go wrong with Kana, Private nurse, or Cresendo although you play as a male in those games. If she just wants and interesting story then Desire, Eve burst error, and Chain are great linear story based games.

Games which the main character is female is pretty rare, with WC and X-change(if you consider a guy transformed into a girl a real girl) being the prominent ones.