Any Hirameki fans?

Hello!

Since this is a forum for visual novel games, I wondering if there’s anyone who have played Hirameki games, and if so, what is your favorite? Unfortunately the official Hirameki forum ( http://community.hirameki-int.com/ ) has been invaded by spam bots for more than a month now, and it infuriates me that we, loyal Hirameki customers, can no longer discuss about these wonderful games in peace…

Anyway, my favorite game is either Phantom of Inferno or Animamundi! I’m a huge fan of the art style in Animamundi, and even though I completed the game at 100%, I still play it on occasions. Yojinbo was an excellent game as well, I loved the characters! It’s easy to die though…

Hi Sylvie! Welcome to the Peach Princess BBS. There are actually 2 mods here so you won’t have to worry about spam bots. I hope you like it here.

I’m actually Celsius on the Hirameki forums, and yeah, that place needs to be modded. The Sales Manager of Hirameki is actually very upset about the bots, but he can’t do anything about it – only Aoyama-san can and he’s trying to get him to do something about it, as far as I know.

My favorite title is Ever 17 -The Out of Infinity-. It has a wonderful, suspense-filled story, with incredibly well-written characters. I also love the tons of extras that game offers and the replay value is astoundingly high.

I also really enjoy Hourglass of Summer (Natsuiro no Sunadokei). I love how it’s fully-voiced – and I think the voice-actor of the player character, Kotaro, does a great job. The same VA also does the voice of Yamato Akitsuki in the Suzuka TV Series – which I recognized right away when I first saw an episode and was immediately reminded of Hourglass of Summer. The game is rather lengthy, but thanks to that there is a really well-paced and well-written story. Unfortunately, replaying the title is an annoyance thanks to the DVD-format; you can’t text-skip or resume at the exact point where you left off. I’ve only completed two scenarios because of this, and reviewing it will take a loooong time.

In some Hirameki related news (sort of) The Right Stuf International has bundled together the three volumes of Exodus Guilty and is selling it for for $29.99 - http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lOP8y=X3CdtioH8U0L/browse/item/75108/4/0/0 .

I haven’t played it yet, so I don’t know if it’s good or not, but each volume usually sells for $19.99 so it’s not a bad deal.

[ 07-07-2007, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Nice to meet your here, Celcius! :slight_smile: I see you’ve been a member of this forum for quite a while! Yeah, it’s really unfortunate that there’s no mods on Hirameki forums, I just hope Hirameki does something about those links soon, or it may already be too late… I already contacted them numerous times, but I still didn’t get any reply. I don’t want Hirameki to go out of buisness… (cries)

I still havn’t played Ever 17, but I heard so many good things about it, I also saw the opening video that came with the game Yojinbo and wow (drools)… I definitively have to order this game next! :smiley:

Right now I’m playing Piece of Wonder, do you have that game? I have a weird problem with the voices, they cut off in the middle of speech. I contacted Hirameki about it, but I’ll probably be finished the game by the time they reply… Still, I love it so far, the characters are cute and battles are pretty fun!

I’m not a big fan of the DVD format… Mainly because of the password system. Also it’s a pain to skip back if you were’nt fast enough to read or you made a wrong choice. But I don’t really mind if the story is excellent, like Phantom of Inferno. But I love all the games I tried so far, I’m sure I’ll eventually end up playing Hourglass of Summer and Exodus Guilty too. I might even end up buying them all :slight_smile:

Wow, Thank you!! it seems to be working now! The only problem is that the game freezes on random occasions when the Hardware acceleration is turned off, but I just save more often and restart the game whenever it happens. If I can hear the voices, then it’s worth the trouble! :slight_smile: Thanks again!

Oh, and Ever 17 is on it’s way! I ordered it this morning! By the way, is there any non-hentai games from Peach Princess? I love visual novel games, but other than Hirameki, the only other visual novel games I could find were adult oriented. I like to buy games that are suitable for all ages, or is there an option to turn off the hentai when playing those games? I heard good things about Kana and Crescendo, but the thought of these games having sex scenes scares me away…

[ 07-07-2007, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Sylvie ]

Well, the game I’m working on is non-hentai but I can’t give you a release date yet… am still cracking the whip at my stable of artists.

http://www.hanakogames.com/fatal.shtml

I tried to support their business, but imo alot of the titles they publish and release don’t have that high of a quality to them.

Could be just my own experience, but I have had numerous problems with their products working on my laptop when I had no problems running other visual novel type games.

Cute Knight Deluxe seems to work overall well for me, though fullscreen mode does have some minor problems. That’s the only real compatability issue i’ve had.

[ 07-07-2007, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

Actually, from what I was told, Hirameki did not do bad financially last year because there were a lot of releases. There were a series of unfortunate events, however, such as KID going out of business and numerous Musicland stores closing, and Best Buy refusing to carry Volume 3 of Exodus Guilty. These events just had to happen around the same time . . .

Yes, I have played and fully completed it. I thought it was fun, but forgettable; the battles were a bit too easy and the story is too shallow, in my opinion. The price wasn’t so bad at the time, but recently the price for both Hirameki’s and Peach Princess’ and G-Collections’ stuff have lowered so it’s not as attractive a package as before.

Yeah, the DVD format is definitely a pain. I mean there are some things that are pretty sweet but I prefer to play these types of games on the PC.

[ 07-09-2007, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Animamundi is the bomb ! Dark creepy gothic atmosphere , complex , rich plot , gorgoeus art , I highly recommend it .
I t’s relationships are bl with nothing real hardcore , but there is also a female love intrest path .The roamnce isn’t really the focus of the story , the relationship with your sister ( with a lot of incest overtones ) and the descent into dark alchemy to save her is the focus.Just how deep into evil would you go to save the person you love the most ?

Yet you played Kana?

I suggest approaching these titles with an open-mind. In fact, the majority of the sex in the two titles you mentioned tie into the story well enough that you may even appreciate them – though more so Crescendo than Kana. They are really exemplary titles that are worth picking up, especially if you’ve already gone through the worthwhile titles from Hirameki’s Anime Play PC line.

Have fun with Ever 17 btw. It should keep you busy for a long while :slight_smile:

[ 07-09-2007, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

I’m sure you can reload from a save that you made at anytime.

Oh thank goodness. Someone finally closed up the Hirameki community site. Here’s hoping those torrent links didn’t spread too far or were deactivated.

Of all their games I’ve only played Yo-Jin-Bo, but I really liked it. I think I’ll buy Animamundi next.

[ 07-17-2007, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Evila ]

I have to ask… why did Best Buy refuse to release the last volume of Exodus Guilty?

Yeah I never did get phantom to work on my old computer. I guess I could try and see if it will load on my new rig but I’ve kinda lost interest in it. Did they also release Ai Yori Aoshi?

Yo-Jin-Bo is really funny. I had a lot of fun with it.