Any recommendations for a newbie to the genre?

Welcome to the forum Gergoth. While it is hard to give recommendations to you seeing as how you are new to these games and haven’t had a chance to try it out, there are a few games that pretty much get recommended every single time someone new asks for suggestions: Kana: Little Sister, Yume Miru Kusuri: A Drug That Makes You Dream, and Crescendo. These are, for the most part, considered “must plays”. Of them, Kana: Little Sister is one that will really get you crying at the end. As for a light-hearted game, I highly suggest Snow Sakura. Regarding where to order from, I only have personal experience with using J-list (which I like using because if you order 4 or more games, you get 15% off).

It’s cute but there’s not a whole lot to it other than sex. You will have sex with the set of girls in many different ways, but there is not much plot and a single run-through’s not all that long, I think. but you can play it again and choose a different girl and a different position! So, um, good for tension release? (I guess. I’m not a guy.)

Ever 17, but it’s non-hentai. It’s just a really great story and I think everyone should play it. See also the answer to the next question…

Kana, Yume Miru Kusuri.

That particular game is the worst case, I think.

I believe there was a bit of a brouhaha over one character’s scene in one of the X-Change games being cut for reason of either loli or incest, however I do not have the game in question. Usually there are not big edits.

Not much, as long as you trust the site not to rip you off. Jlist has that nice discount for buying lots of games at once, so if you’re looking for a starter collection instead of just picking up one title it’s a good choice.

Sorry.

No, nothing happens differently in the Fate route of the game. There’s a few possible reasons for this; you’ll probably come to your own conclusions after reading Heaven’s Feel.

I have not played any of Hirameki’s releases. However, I have heard that everything Hirameki adapted had pretty much everything in the way of H scenes etc. removed (if they had any in the first place). This would therefore include things like Phantom of Inferno. Phantom of Inferno’s H scenes weren’t very important, but I don’t know about the other titles. Hourglass of Summer had H scenes, too, but the DVD version was apparently based on the PS2 version, which didn’t have them to begin with, so nothing of value lost there. I haven’t played the non-H version of Hourglass of Summer, but I can’t imagine much was different apart from the inclusion of H scenes.

Ever17, Kana little sister, Yume Miru Kusuri, Crescendo and Snow Sakura :slight_smile:

Then you will suffer by playing Kana, Yume Miru Kusuri and Crescendo.
If you want a dark game, try Hitomi my stepsister
And as for light hearted game I suggest Snow Sakura and Come see me tonight.

As far as I know, Misuzu’s death IS the final ending of the game.
The first ending for Misuzu is when the main guy disapears. Then when you have seen all the endings (for the other girls), you can unlock what happens to Misuzu after that (and the story of Kana).
I was like you after seeing the end of Air. I had to believe she would survive at least in the game but… MISUZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!! :shock:

1. Hourglass of Summer : no H scene… ;(
    Amusement park : totaly screwed. H scenes and even non H-scenes removed

for fate stay night there are 2 other ways to play the game and the UBW route has been translated can’t wait for the last route heaven’s fell

both paths go more into the other characters and makes shiro more of a badass

Hitomi next to Bible Black is a level or two below.

http://www.otakuism.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5029 Does not tell you what each is like but will help you I think.

SNOW SAKURA!!! ITS MY Fav. It also was the First one i ever played and got me into Bishoujo Games ^.^

Also Hi and Nice to Meet you

I think that “Ever 17” and “Hourglass of Summer” are a must for every selfrespecting player. :smiley: :wink:

I can’t believe you didn’t get Ever 17. It’s probably the best game released here. Get it before you can’t find it anymore. TRSI already pulled it from their site completely after having it on sale for $13 for a couple of weeks.

Of the games you got, I think Snow Sakura and YMK are the best. You should have added Crescendo. Kana is overrated in my opinion.