Anyone here live or know someone in Japan?

Hello all. Just like the subject says, I was wondering if anyone here live in Japan or have friends there? Reason for me asking is because I want to get something from Japan. I want to buy doujinshi from places like Tora no Ana but they don’t do international orders so I need the help from someone in Japan. Any help would be appreciated. If this topic is not suitable for the board, let me know and I’ll delete it.

I myself am a doujin collector…just received (well, traded) 2 doujin cdroms from a friend of mine in japan.

There are ways to get around it if you want to get stuff. First, some yahoo japan auctions ship internationally, but you will have to look for such auctions. Second, and probably the best way, is to have comic market staff get stuff for you and they ship internationally. I have ordered 2 copies of Misato Mitsumi’s newest doujinshi and the cost, although twice the selling price, is still worth it considering that the book is now being sold at at least 4-5 times the selling price in Japan. But of course, the comic market option is only for getting future releases

Hi,

Try www.tokyocentral.com
They have helped me get really hard to find stuff a few times. They also offer to let people place an order with Toranoana.

Check the BBS for more information or post your request.

Hello, thanks for the replies!

Lamuness: Well, I do know about eBay and Yahoo Japan auctions but I want titles that are just released from summer comiket. I actually want many of them listed on Tora no ana site so auctions might be hard for me to search for each and every one of them (and also finding the sellers who sell internationally). And whoa, I did not know comic market did that. So when they release the catalogue in advance, you look at what’s coming out and ask them to get what you want? That sounds pretty interesting and yes, Mitsumi-sama’s doujinshi always get sold out so you made a wise decision~ You also got the Carnelian’s doujinshi from AXNY for cheap, bravo~ Now why couldn’t they do that on AXLB ?

H-Gurl: I do know about Tokyo Central but I also did not know that they order for you with Toranoana. How does it work? They order for you and you pay for domestic shipping within Japan, price for the books, international shipping from Japan to US and plus fees?

Thanks again for the posts!

hotsuma:
I’ve never had to place any orders with Toranoana, so I don’t know all the details of how and how much you pay.
Send them a mail or post, and they will be sure to give you details.

Also, Comike was where I made a special order for C62 as well. They do offer the comike catalouge if you want to get it in advance.
Lamuness and I pretty much knew what our favorite artist’s were printing this year and had a description page or Circle name/Book name to give to them. I do know a few people who get the catalouge in advance for that reason, however.
Also, comike just added quite a few items from their C62 Stock, so you might want to check them out. They may have a few things you want.

Good luck!

I know quite a few people over in Japan, but if you are looking for someone to order you stuff off japanese websites, I would suggest Sato: http://www1.winknet.ne.jp/~cel/ I usually deal with him when I order arcade boards from gfront and have him handle some of my yahoo japan auctions. I would say he is the most rel;iable deputy out there.

Good Luck

Thanks for everyone’s post! I’ll try some of the method from above and let you know the result~ Thanks again!

Oh, well I am a student living in Tokyo, so that might help you…

can u send the cat-girls and elf-girls on over to america for us?
Since we all know thats where they hang out… (heh and this is why china and japan is over populated)

Writes down Ijuin-san’s name on note

MUHAHAHAHAHA! This will serve me well, HAHAHA!!!

… oops, did I say that a loud??? Everyone, just scratch that, okay ^^;?

I tried placing an order thru ACJ but so far got no reply from them and it’s been about a week. Don’t know whether my order didn’t go thru or they are just busy. How long is their turnaround time, if anyone know? Don’t matter though, spend way too much money lately on videogames (darn you Kingdom Hearts and Armored Core 3), anime stuffs and more… I’m glad that there are no must-buy games coming out on Christmas season. After Wild Arms 3 and Shinobi comes out, I don’t think there is other games to get, unless someone can prove me wrong (US games, for PS2 and have to related to anime in some way).

Heh, well, I only have US PS2 so I can only play US games so I have to wait until Star Ocean 3 comes out here in US. I hope they don’t make same horrible mistake they did on Star Ocean 2… The horrible dubbing!!! I realized horrible dubbing can make someone not play such a great game

I’m currently play Super Robot Wars Impact with my friend’s PS2 which can play Japanese games. Well, game like SRW, I have to play Japanese version since it will most likely never come out over here. But Star Ocean in the other hand will come out over here so I can wait few more months ^^;

quote:
Originally posted by hotsuma:
(...)
I tried placing an order thru ACJ but so far got no reply from them and it's been about a week. Don't know whether my order didn't go thru or they are just busy. How long is their turnaround time, if anyone know?

They usually answered me in a 24hrs delay. Max I had to wait was 48hrs...