Applocale for XP users

For those of you who want to play some of PP new games and don’t want to either keep switching your system from japanese non-unicode support and vise versa or if you keep it at default and it causes problems with some native English programs (which it will) you should get Applocale from m$.

You still have to have the Japanese language fonts installed and if you’re like me running a bunch of Japanese lanugage games its still probably best to keep it set perm, but if you have one or two it should help.

You’ll haveto make a shortcut and run that shortcut instead of the exe from now on.

PS. I think PP might want to link that on their pages dealing with those specific games.

That may not be a bad idea. I think they do mention about AppLocale in the support section of the Peach Princess site under the X-Change 3 and the Doushin games.

I use AppLocale to run those two games. It saves me from having to reboot my computer everytime to play them.

[ 12-18-2006, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Prettz ]

Yea, but for me i just have too many games…a lot of import stuff.

Of course it messes up installation updates like my NVIDIA drivers and Nero…

Same trouble I have with it. Nero go boom…

Applocale works fine, i have been using it for several games i have imported from Japan. And yes Nero dosn’t like it.

quote:

Originally posted by Jinnai:

Is it drivers for your graphic card or motherboard.

Me i use ATI Radeon and the drivers is fully functional.

[ 12-19-2006, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Johan ]

Well they are fully functional, however the installation is in Japanese. And its both. I have an Asus motherboard and NVidia graphics card and both are messed up with my settings.

I think they ought to sticky a post from the moderators dealing with this issue as well. Would be helpful to have easy instructions available for fixing the fonts in various games. Along with a warning about various drivers and Nero.

For myself it hasn’t bothered Nero, or my drivers, so I’m good.