Aselia the Eternal - Can't bring up Menu

I can’t bring up the Menu in order to train units, meaning I can’t advance beyond Mission 2 as the boss just kills me because I can’t train my units.

Is there a way to change keybinds or something? I’ve tried every combination and every key-press I can think of, Esc just will not bring up the menu. It works in other ways, like closing the summary windows and such, and other keys are also working (end turn/select unit etc). Please help, I would love to be able to play the game I bought!

Using Win 7 64-bit.

So clicking on a squad or city doesn’t bring up the menu?

Nope, clicking doesn’t bring up the menu. Left+right click does end my turn, heh.

That’s very strange. Have you tried reinstalling?

Reinstalling it once didn’t work.

Reinstalling it twice, however, did. I hate technology.

Thanks for the suggestion though, appears to be working now. :slight_smile:

That’s pretty WTF. At times I suspect computers are run by gremlins and the ICs are just for show =P

Well, I think the Gremlins have struck again. I’ve advanced past that first battle section, but then it happened again in the next one. No amount of reinstalling has helped.

I really don’t know what to do here. :cry:

So to confirm, you don’t get either of these menus when you left-click on a squad or city? Have you tried administrator mode or changing locale?

[attachment=1]Aselia.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Aselia2.jpg[/attachment]

That’s correct, neither of those menus appear when left-clicking on a squad or city, nor does a menu appear when pressing the Esc key.

I’ve tried admin mode, changing locale and a combination of both, no success.

Next, please try disabling your antivirus while playing. If that doesn’t work, try reinstalling with the antivirus disabled.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers for all your hardware. You might also check your mouse settings.

When you said you tried running as admin - did you run the game as admin, or run the installer as admin? If you didn’t before, another thing is to try running the installer as Admin.

Alright, an update:

Good news: It works.
Bad news: I’m not sure if it’ll keep working.

I’m using avast for AV. Disabling it didn’t help. Disabling it then rebooting, did. If I boot with it enabled, the same issue crops up. If I boot with it disabled, I’m able to play.

Has worked consistently twice now so fingers crossed that’s all it was. Haven’t reinstalled yet but if it goes south again, I’ll uninstall avast completely, then the game, reboot, install the game in admin mode, then run it in admin mode and locale.

Update, the second:

It stopped working again,so I:

Uninstalled Aselia
Uninstalled avast!
Rebooted
Installed Aselia as admin into a different folder (C:/Games as opposed to C:Program Files)
Ran Aselia as Admin with applocale

It still does not work. It’s something to do with the battle map. I can load save games from dialogue sections and the menus work just fine, it’s just during the battle map where no menu comes up. Sigh.

Do you have the CD version or download version? If you have the CD version, give me your order number and I’ll send you the download. Maybe that will work.

The download version. I won’t mention where from, that got the post refused last time, lol. I just don’t understand why it works sometimes and not others. As far as I can tell nothing changes between it working and not.

uh oh!

I just realized that sounded very dodgy. I did actually buy the game, if anyone was wondering. :confused:

Have you tried re-downloading it? Maybe your download was corrupted.