Aselia the Eternal official thread/FAQ

I’m happy to hear that JAST is considering broadening its catalogue to gamers who want something non-mainstream but also something they can share with their peers without fear of being labeled a pervert! :lol: Here’s hoping it sells well. Once it goes golden master you can count on my purchase.

Yes but some of us are afraid they may cut content from other Xuse games IE Saihate no Ima.

You mean, you’re afraid XUSE might cut content from their own games? Because the version Jast licensed is one the developers created years ago before they even started talking to Jast.

I can understand being concerned about surprise censorship, after it’s already happened twice (especially since after the first time it was promised it wouldn’t happen again), but in this case, it’s an alteration Jast had nothing to do with and XUSE did entirely on its own.

You’re talking about it as if it were a bad alteration.
[list=1][]Let’s see. XUse releases a game. As innovative as its system is, it is also buggy (you can for instance obtain a loop in combat, making you unable to get out of the battle except by closing the game, then executing it again; obviously, it means you have to go back to your oldest save; TOUGH!) AND some heroines don’t have a route.[/]
[]XUse releases a fandisc with routes for said heroines = additional content. [/]
[]XUse releases a new version including the new routes to the old game, with art renewal and refining of the Minor Spirits AND refining of the game system = LOTS of additional content. XUse also removes the ero. The GENERAL opinion of people who play this version and the original is that this version is the superior one.[/]
[]Xuse releases a visual novel version of the story = some additional content of sort, as you kind of get a novelization of Aselia’s route.[/]
[]For the longest time, (3) is acknowledged as the better and definite version.[/]
[]SEVEN years after the original game was released, XUse releases a SPECIAL edition, that includes everything about Aselia, but otherwise with NO ADDITIONAL CONTENT.[/][/list]English people get (3). Yet they complain? Wow.

NOTE: for my part, I have (1), (2), (3) and (4) but didn’t buy (5) since it didn’t add anything to what already existed.

i like the ero in game if i can’t get it from a regular retailer i want ero

Yes you would complain if the part you were looking forward to was “cut” from the game.

I was speaking more generically, and not about this particular game. In general, I can understand why people are upset at Jast: after the first time they censored a game (XChange 3) they even continued advertising it for a time as “100% uncensored” (which they eventually did stop using). Then after they promised they wouldn’t censor a game without warning ever again … they did it again.

None of this has anything to do with Aselia the Eternal or XUSE. And in the specific case of Aselia, I feel that such concerns are unwarranted.

You were looking forward to the ero in Aselia? :shock:

of course, who wasn’t?

Well if the h-scenes are like Utawarerumono’s … they are more of a distraction than a prize…
(In Uta, most of the scenes come up and leave randomly without anyone mentioning or changing anything afterwards… I guess it was to prevent Eruruw from killing you!..)

But in all fairness this game is often very loli looking… Just watch the openings.

An idea!
Chaos;Head had an underwear patch… maybe they were on to something?
For all those who complain about lack of ero in “all-age” games, JAST should make underwear patches…

(Underwear patch : makes the visual novel heroine sprites show up in their Lingerie… lol)

Thanks! Banner #1 is now in use to spread the love on the NISA boards.

Nah, Aselia’s are better placed and more appropriate than that, and they aren’t ignored by the plot afterwards. Honestly, I think they’re pretty decent H scenes and certainly better than the average copypasted generic scenes adorning the majority of eroge… but they are definitely not anything like the main attraction of the game and are far from necessary.

You know, Orpha’s sex scenes disturbed me for weeks. :?

Why discourage them from picking up more all age games. There are some good games without adult conent (Symphonic Rain, infinity series, Etc.) or games that have very little sexual content that may have discouraged Jast from picking up.

Ah I see. Yeah I would like to see them realease the adult versions if they have them as well. Maybe they’ll do somthing like Minori did with “Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet”
and release an adult add on later or something.

I’m getting a sneaking suspicion this may be a loli issue. If that’s the case, any hopes of getting the 18+ version are dead in the water.

Content concerns. There were content concerns. The 18+ version is too loli to license. >.<

there is still the patch so if you want to loli buy the japanese version and get the patch

The patch is for the all-ages version as well.

Just finished looking at reactions to the announcement on encubed and I think this sums up my thoughts on their wanting the old version with the ero content over the expaned and improved version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iV … re=related

I was actually under the impression more people wanted Special Edition.