AX 2011 Q&A

Going to AX tomorrow and Sunday so if you want me to ask any questions of the Jast or MG staff then put them here. I might wait to ask Jast questions until after their panel tomorrow night so they don’t have to repeat themselves.

Ask Jast when they’re going to stop advertising eroge as “dating sims”
Ask Jast if they can release a couple of games before announcing 3 more.

Ask Mg when they’re going to start attempting to advertise
Ask Mg if they can double check their games before releasing a bugged version
Ask Mg for Circus titles other than Da Capo and garbage
Ask Mg to take pictures of Alpha

;_;

For JAST:
Can we expect any more Alcot games assuming Osadai sells well?
When are we going to see more Pulltop games?
Whatever happened to negotiations with Propeller?
Have you guys talked with Atelier Kaguya?
Have you guys talked with Speed? Considering the popularity of zomies these days I’m sure ansen would be a very nice series to look into getting
Considering how well recieved Kara no Shoujo’s been (bug incident excluded), isn’t it about time you guys added more mystery/detective games to your library besides Chain?

For MG:
How’s our chances for DCPC 1 and 2 and more fandisks looking?
Is it Overdrive who holds the license for Green Green or Frontwing?
Has Frontwing shown anymore interest in licensing any of their stuff?
WHen are you finally going to tell us more about that Circus game with gameplay you mentioned more than 2 years ago?
Can we expect anymore Liquid games? I’d like to see the rest of the Ryojoku Guerilla games.
If you make a deal with Akabesoft2, could you sweet talk them into getting us something from Akatsuki Works?
IF Kara no Shoujo does well enough, could we see some more mystery games? Maybe you could even talk C’SWare into ressurecting their english release department…
Have you guys talked with Atelier Kaguya?
Have you guys talked with Cyc? (Yes I know their current lineup sucks, but I still want the games from the glory days in english…plus the Mio games would be nice…and Shikigami from White Cyc)
Have you guys talked with Speed?

JAST:
Nitro+Chiral When?!

Have they spoken to MG about becoming a seller for their games? (Selling DL editions)

Will STARLESS be censored? (Bestiality~)

Last we heard they hadn’t spoken to Crowd, have they since spoken to Crowd or is that over?

Any truth to the rumor that some of the shorter Nitro+ titles will be released in a bundle pack?

MG:
BL When?!

Can we possibly get Live Chats with other company presidents?

Whose bright idea was it to call ‘Ryoujoku Guerilla Gari’ ‘Suck my dick or die!’?

Any chance of Black CYC?

“BL When?!” How many times are people going to make them answer this? Btw: C’s ware shut down.

As-long as it takes them to license a title :smiley:

• it shows interest which is their concern.

http://www.jlist.com/category/184

About the stuff available in the ‘PC Eroge’ section of your site, does JList have plans to increase, decrease or keep it the same?
I would like to see JList turned into an ero game retailer a la Himeya/Erogeshop, you know :wink: .

My opinion exactly, although not sure if Janis/Speed will release a Kansen 5 now that the Tohoku region (and Sendai too) got a “terrifying disaster” for real…

Seconding this. Especially since we don’t have Erogeshop any more. I would love to turn JList into my monthly eroge supply.

Narg wants too! Narg wants too!

This is the reason Himeya Soft’s english game distribution dried up: their partner went out of business.

When that happened to Peter with Jast USA, he went out andgot new partners. I guess the guys at Himeya decided the shop was doing OK by itself.

I have got a question I’d like to get asked, but I’ll type it up after I get some coffee.

All right, managed to talk to both Jast and MG. Didn’t ask all the questions but here are the answers to the ones I did ask.

JAST (talked to Shingo with some input from Peter)
More Alcot games? Alcot wants to do more but it will depend on Osadai’s sales. Unsure about possible content issues there.

Pulltop/Propeller games? Both are part of Will and Peter is on good terms with them so there is a chance, but nothing’s planned as of now.

Atelier Kaguya? They are in a better position to negotiate with new companies like Kaguya, but there haven’t been any talks yet.

Nitro+ Chiral? More likely due to partnership but nothing as of yet.

Working with MG? Peter is going to talk to them today about it. No details as of now. DRM might be an issue.

Starless censorship? Shingo said they will have to look into it.

Crowd? Same answer as before, haven’t been in contact with them.

Nitro+ bundles? Current plan is to bundle Saya with either Hanachirasu or Kikokugai and Django with the other. They’ll also be available for DL individually at a lower price.

More import eroge on J-list? As of now their dealer for eroge only carries games rated by EOCS, not those rated by CSA. Working to get more titles and possibly make a deal to get CSA rated ones as well.

MangaGamer (talked with Kouryuu)
Frontwing? Not on good terms with Overdrive apparently so unlikely.

Circus title with gameplay? He wishes he had news about it.

Cyc/Kaguya/anyone else? Need to ask Bamboo (panel or next live cast)

After that he was dealing with booth issues so I left him alone.

I was going to ask about Pulltop, but I guess that answers that.

Q: I thought Princess Walz did well? Why no more Pulltop games?

I don’t think it sold poorly seeing as they let Jast start work on Yumina. As for why they haven’t gotten more Pulltop games, this is just speculation on my part from how our conversation went, but I’m guessing that Will is content to just have one title in the works right now.