AXNY + cumulative response

Oh, your first comment are going to make Nandemonai faint stands ready to catch him.

Hm, so in other words, it might not be so long before the first copy of the english version of X-change 2 see the light of the day?

Well, I am not as fond of XC actually compared to other titles, but that’s what I found out from the con, and I don’t lie.

Compared to other peapri titles, yes XC2 will most definitely come out first

Well, that might actually part of why people like XC1, they might not have had much exposure to the other games. When you have nothing to really compare it to, then yeah, you’d probably enjoy it.

Hmm, XC2 first. I’d better help SB catch Nandemonai as well, wouldn’t want him to fall on his head and hurt himself…

hmmmmm, maybe you can let me borrow slave bazaar for a while you can’t use it right now anyway, right? ::begs, pleads, and otherwise makes a huge nuisance of herself::

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
Well, I am not as fond of XC actually compared to other titles, but that's what I found out from the con, and I don't lie.

Compared to other peapri titles, yes XC2 will most definitely come out first

*thunk*

*roll* *roll* *roll*

Agggh, da--git. Aye thawwt aye ha' fitth thith the lath thyme. Enneebo--ii see aa jaa' go woowin bye heah?

CRASH!

Ouch! Will someone give him some glue already? I’m already a walking danger zone, I don’t need to be tripping over body parts…

Since I couldn’t think of anywhere else to say this…picked up the new A-G today. Nice image Lamuness-san! I should get your signature. Hmm, so how much does your autograph cost though?

that was a rather old pic, done half a year ago…u like the boobs? my mom was lecturing me over long distance phone because the pic was too “demeaning” to women…

if you want my autograph you can get it for free if you order my stuff from my website :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Lamuness, I warned you about that trafic. I’m not surprised about X-Change. It a very clear concept to sell. You’re a boy who becomes a girl, what do you do ^_^? I think also its simplicity helps in its following among the general audience. Snow Drop as a case in point. It can be a frustrating game and would not be something I recommend to someone new to it. I also believe that the art style can affect many general consumers willingness to buy it. I get complaints that they look too young. I reiterate from a prior post, XC2 I expect to become Pea Pri number 1 seller. Brave Soul I expect to also do well. LMM I expect to be a very good game that does not get quite the return expected.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Well, that might actually part of why people like XC1, they might not have had much exposure to the other games. When you have nothing to really compare it to, then yeah, you'd probably enjoy it.

Yeah, that much might be true. And someone who have only played the "one-path" games out there (Like Paradise Heights and Fatal Relations) would, or so I think, this better of X-change if compared to those. Then, again, it might simply be like tabris17 said, that people really like the "boy changes into a girl" theme.

quote:
Ouch! Will someone give him some glue already? I'm already a walking danger zone, I don't need to be tripping over body parts

*Hands Ekylo soem glue* Hurry before we lose some of the parts!

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:Agggh, da--git. Aye thawwt aye ha' fitth thith the lath thyme. Enneebo--ii see aa jaa' go woowin bye heah?

Oh, no you don't! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by tabris17:XC2 I expect to become Pea Pri number 1 seller. Brave Soul I expect to also do well. LMM I expect to be a very good game that does not get quite the return expected.

Ah, the prophet has spoken [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. Hmm, I, on the other hand, forsee Brave Soul and perhaps Little My Maid to be Peach Princess's first and second best-selling titles, while XC2 might get on the third place as Peach Princess best-selling title.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 09-06-2002).]

Lamuness

Give us a clue, will we be experencing things like the bus ride, the nurse’s office, or the art room in Xchange2? Those are the things I hated about the Xchange game.

If it does, I perdict it will do as well as Water closet.

Lamuness replies “suck vampire lemons!”

[This message has been edited by Gulyen (edited 09-06-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Gulyen:
If it does, I perdict it will do as well

Didn't you hear what he said? He said that from his impressions, X-change is a popular game among many, and if you also consider the fact that it is till the most sold game of all Peach Princess's games, then that should count for soemthing.

Also... There is more people who don't like the throught of "wet sex", sex related to toilets or anything like that, but there is fewer people who doens't like rape or non-consentual (spelled wrong, I know, but Im sure that you know the right word anyway)... In other words: From my overall impressions of various things, Rape/nonconsenual sex are quite okay with most people, but wet-sex/toilet sex is not.

So I think XC2 will be more popular than WC, especially since it have so many new features and other things.

Edit: BTW, he has alredy confirmed this in another thread: there will be three unavoidable events in XC2. The rest can be avoided in one way or another, by for example winning certain mini-games in the game. And that is much better than X-change, where almost no events could be avoided.
I think it'd be better to ask him if anything brutish appears in Brave Soul, that's something we don't know of yet.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 09-06-2002).]

the popularity of each title is really hard to predict since this is a different market base than the japanese one, so nobody knows how well each title will do until it gets released. We (myself and the peapri staff) never expected XC1 to sell that much…it’s really something to learn from regarding english market’s tastes.

about brutish scenes, XC2 has a couple of those that are unavoidable and personally I am not too happy about it but can live with it (stares at nandemonai again :P). For BS, don’t worry, absolutely nothing brutish

I liked XC overall. The only 2 things that made me cringe was one scene where Takuya is presented with a penis in his/her face and well Takuya just seemed a little too happy about it in the picture. The other was the entire Gym Teacher story arc. My thought on what will sell are as follows. XC2 same theme but, done better. A pretty safe bet. Brave Soul, its an RPG, a popular genre of gaming. This fact alone gives it a certain X factor (nothing to do with X-Change). It has the potential to be a very big seller by value of it genre and pull fans in who wouldn’t otherwise try it. LMM I think may be too cute for its own good. Though I’m dying to play it ^_^.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
And actually, I would posit that is the reason. It sold out because it is the cheapest. And being that people at a con are more likely than the general public to have done research or to have heard of the game from somewhere, it is likely that at least some were driven by the game's (deserved) "sex sex sex" reputation.

I have to agree with the cheapest point. I'd still have to say a very large majority of people probably havn't played any sort of b. game, and for thier first one, the cheapest one would be the logical choice if you wanted to test with less risk of wasting money.

Doddler

My last words on XC and XC2.

XC supports illegal activities because there was no justice in it. Since I don’t support such activities, I won’t be adding my support for XC2. I will support PP with their other games.

quote:
that was a rather old pic, done half a year ago...u like the boobs? my mom was lecturing me over long distance phone because the pic was too "demeaning" to women...

Well, I wasn't paying specific attention to the boobs, I liked the picture overall. (Besides, I'm more of a "butt" guy anyways.) Hmm, and I can see where your mom may think it's demeaning, but I've seen worst, some drawn by my female friend in fact!

Actually, the funny part was when I picked it up, I glanced at the cover and saw the "additional Illustrations: LAMUNESS" and I must have said something because the guy working there asked me what was up. I pointed at it and said "I know this guy." He glanced at the cover, pointed out that the cover was of a girl, very obviously a girl, and that I needed to get out more. The conversation went a little wacky after that... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
if you want my autograph you can get it for free if you order my stuff from my website :P

Well, one of these days. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] I always like getting signed things, never know when they'd be worth something...

quote:
XC supports illegal activities because there was no justice in it. Since I don't support such activities, I won't be adding my support for XC2. I will support PP with their other games.

That's quite alright, after all many people who support PeaPri havn't bought XC or WC. It's all personal choice and nobody really should hold it against you. (Er, no one, not that Nobody-san should get involved.)

quote:
My last words on XC and XC2.

XC supports illegal activities because there was no justice in it. Since I don't support such activities, I won't be adding my support for XC2. I will support PP with their other games.

*shrugs* Well, if that's how you think, then do as you want. And like ekylo-san said, you choose by yourself to what extent you want to support PP, and no one here blames you for that (or so I think... Had Kumiko still been here, your comment would have summoned a looong lecture form her [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Ekylo,

It’s actually the “butt/panty” part that annoys my mom the most…my sis was upset with the boobs so she told my mom to give me a lecture…

women, women, women…

quote:
Originally posted by DM:
I am myself like the XC and plan on buying XC2 when it comes out, Oh by the way I am not new to forum I have been reading your messages regularly but I haven't spoke out, I just decided to say HELLO!!! to all of you here.

Hello! And welcome out of the darkness!

quote:
Ekylo,

It's actually the "butt/panty" part that annoys my mom the most...my sis was upset with the boobs so she told my mom to give me a lecture...

women, women, women...

As Sanosuke says, women are scary [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. The way you say it, it sounds like you have to confront women like those in WoT [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img].