B-Games turning anime

Scrapped Princess?

All I can say is that I too absolutely loved the anime intro. :slight_smile:

Of all the games that are out there that have been translated at least, I am kind of surprised that Brave Soul is not up for transfer to anime, if it is not up for transfer.

It had perhaps the easiest to work around h-scenes since they were not essential to the plot and could be easily taken out without anyone noticing massive changes. I mean think how much they would have to change if they wanted to transfer Jewel Knights over. Oh they could still do it but I see several areas they might have to do major re-writes to make it more mainstream audience.

Yet Brave Soul seems like a much easier transfer to the world of anime, even have a general idea of where you what to start and end with Shell, Claire, Alicia, etc as the characters.

I am probably getting confused around part of the wording but I think you are asking how many anime based off of these games have there been that have not previoulys had “edited” or “censored” versions of the games released first and then turned those versions into a “mainstream” anime?

Well I think To Heart was one from what others have said, though I might be wrong on that one. I think there have been a few that have made the transition from adult game to mainstream anime, because I think the mainstream anime, which remember is massively different then mainstream cartoons in other countries, is an larger seller to the masses then other forms of anime, or so that is what I gather from some articles read.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 05-19-2004).]

I don’t think it is the second one. I think there is more profit in the anime coming first then a non-adult game second. To my thinking, if they go the anime route first they can sell soundtracks and further pump the characters, dolls, magnets, whatever they can sell, and as a result of that get those not wanting an adult game interested in the non-adult version of the game and thereby sell more copies of the non-adult version through the hopefully large amount of the anime fans.

This is also just a guess based on the assumption that you can sell a non-adult anime of Brave Soul or Heart de Roommate, as two examples, to two crowds, those that have played the adult game and those that are just drawn to the anime.

If that assumption is correct, it means larger profits in theory then a non-adult game release before the anime. Remember you can sell the non-adult game to those that loved the anime who also cannot or will not buy the adult version of the game but you cannot sell it those fans that have bought the adult version since they would have no interest and likely will not buy the non-adult verison of the game since they already own the adult version. So I think your first scenario is perhaps more correct.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 05-19-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Sakamoto:
How often has this happened and what titles has it happened to?

I will throw this one to the air: Comic Party.

The original game was released in 1999 (Lamuness, Kagami or OLF can correct me on this one), the anime was released circa April 2001 , the DC version was released later that same year and they are releasing a new version of the anime called Comic Party Revolution.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
... and the English translation of the anime I think is just out too.

Not to mention the manga

So they are having another version of Comic Party? That is cool.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
So they are having another version of Comic Party? That is cool.

I am not sure how different it is (I haven't bought it yet), but if it IS different, it will definetely go to my to-buy list.

Comic Party seems to be pretty popular. I’m glad that it is, but how many of you Comic Party fans have actually played the game. I haven’t, but I was thinking about getting it. I heard that the story in the game is different from the anime and manga. I mean, besides the sex, other stuff is supposed to be different. Maybe nobody knows but I thought I’d ask. I could just wait for an English translated version, but we all know that’ll never happen. Too bad…

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
Scrapped Princess?

Exactly!!! Brave Soul looks exactly like Scrapped Princess! Well, maybe the guys in Brave Soul are a little bit more steroid muscular than the guys in Scrapped Princess, but Alicia and Rudy look like carbon copies of Raquelle and Shannon. I thought that nobody else noticed that. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
(...) I could just wait for an English translated version, but we all know that'll never happen. Too bad...

The game To Heart or was there actually a game for Comic Party as well? I thought it was just for the first one mentioned?

Is Scrapped Princess any good of an anime?

quote:
The game To Heart or was there actually a game for Comic Party as well? I thought it was just for the first one mentioned?

Comic Party was a game, yes. And the Scrapped Princess anime is awesome.

quote:
Exactly!!! Brave Soul looks exactly like Scrapped Princess! Well, maybe the guys in Brave Soul are a little bit more steroid muscular than the guys in Scrapped Princess, but Alicia and Rudy look like carbon copies of Raquelle and Shannon. I thought that nobody else noticed that. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

You forgot to mention that Karen is similar to Pacifica (not as much as your two examples, but still...) and that Cobden looks like that Peacekeeper dude with the chin-strap thingy [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 05-20-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
I am not sure how different it is (I haven't bought it yet), but if it IS different, it will definetely go to my to-buy list.

There's 2 different series of Comic Party manga One is released by CPM which just came out not too long ago and is basically a collection of stories with the CP cast, think Doujin collection because each story is done by a different artist. Then there's the TP version which is based on the anime I believe that is comming out soon.

Also need to pimp out the new comic party ova that's comming out in japan right now [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] So lots of CP stuff still.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. But 2 recent anime, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien were both adult bishoujo games that were made into anime without a corresponding non adult version, at least not yet.

quote:

Comic party is a different game by the same company that did To Heart. Hence all the To Heart cameos in Comic Party [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:

Wasn't there a discussion in a previous thread about this? Maybe it was in another forum.
I believe the character designer for BS is also the character designer for Scrapped Princess. The characters look very similar and also the armor looks similar also. Man can't wait for the R1 release [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Wasn't there a discussion in a previous thread about this? Maybe it was in another forum.
I believe the character designer for BS is also the character designer for Scrapped Princess. The characters look very similar and also the armor looks similar also. Man can't wait for the R1 release [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Check this thread

Actually this one I can see people not remembering having been discussed with all the other debates in between, but I guess it still is not in R1 yet?