Back from break (yay)

Hey everyone, I finally got back to good old Buffalo today. I didn’t have a computer over break so this is my first time here in about 2 months.

First off its seems like the membership here has tripled, maybe people are starting to see the “light” of B-game greatness

Over break I spent a lot of time with Growlanser Generations, and while they are not B-games, I’d recommend it to most people here. There is a slight dating aspect to it and the character designs were by the great Satoshi Urushihara. The games themselves were by the makers of Langrisser and were quite good. Too bad Growlanser I will probly never be available in English because it is one of the best games I’ve ever played and GII and GIII aren’t anywhere near as good.

Over break I decided to finally put the money up for a japanese ps2 (mainly cause i want to play Growlanser IV and a few others) However it seems that Little My Maid accutally came out while I was away. Looks like I’m gonna be broke again really fast.

Also some words of advice: Don’t ever drink half a bottle of Wild Turkey on New Year’s or you may stack all of your friends furniture into 1 giant pile, tape a sign to it reading: “Fort Turkey” and then run around the rest of the night shouting, "Gobble, gobble, mother-f*****s…sigh

Sounds like fun!

Oh, I agree. Growlanser is quite fun. G2 is good - if G2 pales in comparison to G1 then G1 must be quite something. The nonlinearity, especially, was worked in well, I thought.

As for G1 … unless Working Designs has announced something I haven’t heard … They want to bring G1 over but aren’t sure how they could - considering that Growlanser Collections seems to be kicking ass in sales this isn’t quite a surprise.

Growlanser 1 plays more like a standard RPG with the excellent battle-system that 2 and 3 uses. There is a massive world map but its not like 3’s. Its zoomed in and your whole party runs around on it and you can run past monsters if you are quick enough. In fact there are no random battles at all in G1. It has real dungeons that are excellently designed (not random like 3’s). Another big factor was the length. It took me 72 hours to go through Growlanser 1 once. While G2 is about 15 hours and 3 is 30. Growlanser 1’s story was also much better then 2 or 3’s.

Growlanser 1 is my favorite Playstation RPG now and I’d highly recommend that everyone should grab a copy while they still can (Himeya only wants $40 for it). There is a nice flow-chart on GameFAQs so the language barrier shouldn’t be too much of a problem, the spells are all in Katakana so their easy as well.

I’m currently playing through Growlanser IV now and it is really good so far. It plays more like the original did, only with the Ring Weapon System that was introduced in Growlanser 2. I’m already hooked and let’s hope it comes here some day cause I would buy an English copy in a heartbeat.

quote:
Originally posted by SuperDeadite:
Also some words of advice: Don't ever drink half a bottle of Wild Turkey on New Year's or you may stack all of your friends furniture into 1 giant pile, tape a sign to it reading: "Fort Turkey" and then run around the rest of the night shouting, "Gobble, gobble, mother-f*****s.........sigh

Actually, something like that happened to me, but with Sake...
we made a party and we bought 3 bottles, i started drinking, a little more, a little more... just when i finished drinking my 3 glass of sake, i tried to stand up...
WOAAAH!!! MAN!!! STOP SHAKING THE WORLD!!
i couldnt even walk straight.....
after that, we kept drinking.... i cant remember much, nor i want, but some of them told me some things like i made a strip-show (i need to make clear that there were girls in the party...:S) and drank like if that was the last day of my life...
Since that day... i see sake with respect... i dont want to be that drunk in my whoooole life... and remember, if somebody says 'Tequila is Stronger than Sake' kick his face and make him an enema with tequila...