Baldr Sky DIVE1: "Lost Memory"

I hadn’t seen anyone here really mention this, and there wasn’t a suitable thread to post this into, so although I don’t actually have anything much to say I’m starting this thread anyway.

Basically, Baldr Sky DIVE1: “Lost Memory” is the best thing since sliced br-- G-Senjou no Maou and you should probably put it on your I’ll-get-this-sometime list.

If EGS scores are your thing, it’s sitting on a comfortable median of 90, mean of 89 with a decent # of votes.

So, a worthy sequel to the Baldr franchise?

I’ve only played Force and I think Sky’s better than it, so I guess? Sky has a more appropriate amount of combat, to me; less than in Force - it wasn’t too little that you ended up spending a long time between fights, and it wasn’t too long that you were constantly ‘geez, when is this going to be over?’.

I want to play Duel Savior sometime, despite being a bit of a change of pace (magic instead of mecha and all).

I’ve never played a single game in the Baldr series but am vaguely aware of how the gameplay and story works. Should I play the others before playing this one? Is it an all ages game as well so that it appeals to wider audiences?

The Baldr games have very little continuity, so you don’t have to play them in any particular order - go ahead and just play Sky if you want.

Eh? Sorry, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here. It’s not all ages. I don’t know if there’s an all ages version of any Baldr game, but wouldn’t really care. ‘Wider audience’ just means people under 18 who probably wouldn’t really like Baldr anyway =p

Actually, there is.

Baldr Force EXE got ported to the all-ages console Dreamcast and later to Playstation2 by ALCHEMIST.

They ported Duel Savior and the Baldr game before SKY Baldr Bullet Rebelion (renamed BB Equilibrium) to PS2, too.

This company looks to like Giga’s action-eroges. Who knows? Maybe someday they decide to port Baldr Sky Dive 1, too. :slight_smile:

Still haven’t cleared all the endings, but I’ve finished the three “good” ones. So far, it’s been fantastic. However, it does feel a bit “short”. It really feels like they prolonged the routes compared to Baldr Force, but have less parallel routes in total. However, I have no complaints about the story and gameplay – it lives up to the standard set by Baldr Force, provided Dive 2 is just as good and manages to tie up loose ends. In either case, this game was well worth the time and money and has been a highlight of my otherwise stream of let-downs, like the Saya character song single and OTSU:Blasterhead. This game also makes me kind of want to have my own NPC…

Thanks for reminding me that they did put out more comics after the game went on sale.
goes to read

yes ther will be a Dive 2 its called RECORDARE it just has a vague 09 relase date , though some have speculated it could come out in october or possible march 2010, the recently relased tech gian issue had some info on it