BBS problem - some accounts may be missing

We had a hiccup with the BBS, basically the hard drive got full and caused posts to not appear. As a side effect, some accounts seem to be missing, namely mind. We’re seeing that most accounts look okay (there are 1638 accounts currently), but if yours is not working, please recreate it. Sorry for this problem.

Wow. Anyways thanks for letting us know Sir Payne

My account name was unregistered, but when I checked to see if my post that I had posted before reading this forum was there, it seemed to be back. Perhaps it’s thanks to my cookies.

ya sorry the giniro thread became a victim in the process when i tried to move it to the help forum and then things start to crap out

sorry about that

Heh. Yhat’s what you get for trying something.

Hmm…looks like mine’s ok

Let me check… I hope that my account still work.

EDIT: whew!!!

[This message has been edited by RonXE (edited 06-10-2005).]

test

EDIT: Looks like mine still works.

[This message has been edited by Prettz (edited 06-11-2005).]

Around and abouts

testing

blah

I still seem to be here.

Huh? What?

Yep, I’m still around…

Hello, Hello, testing…

1, 2, 3,…

‘H’ don’t means hentai…

Yeah… it looks good.

I’d be more interested in knowing why the BBS never remembers my username and password anymore. Typing them in over and over gets annoying after a while.

Edit
Well, after making THIS post it seems to remember it. Hopefully it will stay that way.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 06-11-2005).]

Cookies might be your problem, AG3.

I know it’s a cookie problem, I’m just curious why it’s suddenly a problem NOW, when it wasn’t before. It’s gone again, apparently it doesn’t last long anymore. I’ll fiddle a bit with Firefox’s cookie settings and see if it helps.

Edit 1 (and 3)
It’s the cookies themselves. They are set to expire at end of session, which they probably weren’t before. I guess it’s not from my side then. It’s probably not something those with “the old” cookies experience, but since my Firefox profile was corrupted recently, I lost all mine.

Edit 2
Is this a bad time to mention that I think this is the only forum I frequent where the username and password are sent in plain text over the net, a bad habit in todays security-focused society? :stuck_out_tongue:
Not to mention that anyone can view the cookie and grab the info from your computer. Not that I fear identity theft or anything…

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 06-12-2005).]

Test for me too.

I’ve had your problem for a while too a month back.

Go into your Preferences, choose to erase your cookies, and then choose to keep the cookies for one year.