Been away about 8 months, so some questions

The curse of a dead isp…

Anyhoo, I just wanted to check to see what had changed in the scene, and what the latest news was. Also, When I left I saw mention of Peach Princess Getting the licenses to ‘Slave Market’ and ‘Reijou Caster Mariko’… however I see no mention of them anywhere on the site… are they gone, or did they ever actually intend to make them? Thanks for answering these questions and for telling me any other news to get me caught up…

(P.S. I dunno where to post this, so its going here. Any idea why the ‘info’ and ‘support’ people won’t return my emails? I need to find out what I do have ordered and what I don’t and get my new address to them. thanks if anyone can help with this)

Welcome back.
Eight months, that’s a long time, and a lot of things have changed here.

First off, Kumiko and Dave E is long gone, and err…I am taking over :stuck_out_tongue:

About the games, I mainly work with the Crowd department and the Japanese Crowd staff, and very much less on the Will games…so I don’t really know the exact status on Slave Bazaar and Mariko (since they are Will games), but I will tell you what I know about the un-released games (well, to some extent; there are some secrets that needs to be held):

Brave Soul: playtest/beta testing/editing is currently in progress. I will be the one mainly responsible for this. Currently working with the Crowd staff on a few engine-related problems, and Peter is working with them on a XP-compatible engine.

X-Change2: playtest/beta testing/editing is currently in progress. I am not responsible for it but I know for sure another staff is currently working with the japanese Crowd staff on this title, and I might work on the final testing and polishing, if necessary.

Doushin: currently under translation.

LMM: translation is done, but I don’t know how much implementation is done. The japanese Will staff are currently gathering stuff to start playtesting, and we are still waiting for them.

Gibo: translation is done, that’s all I know. No idea if any implementation has been made yet.

Slave Bazaar: translation is done, on wait status until we clear our tables a bit, so I can’t say much about it.

Mariko and La Voyeur: don’t ask me about those; I know nothing about them. cough cough

The titles that will come out the soonest will most likely be X-Change2, and then Brave Soul.

About the emails. If you have questions about your order, why don’t you directly email sales@peachprincess.com instead? hmm…maybe info and support goes to Dave E who is gone already…let me ask around

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 07-28-2002).]

Well, if you have been away for 8 months, you’ve missed quite a lot… Some months ago (3-5 months ago, I think) Peach Princess annouced that some of their projects, among them Slave Bazaar and Newscaster Mariko are “Temporarily Suspened” for a number or reasons. Basically it means that Peach Princess still has the rights to those games, and the games are still being worked on, but they aren’t as much of a priortiy for now, since Peach Princess has so much work to do on the other games, and the same goes for the Japanese companes; they’re busy making their own games and don’t have all that much time to work on the games Peach Princess are trying to release, so… Don’t worry, they still plan to release those games, but it might take quite a while before we hear any news on them, that’s all.

Hmm, did you mail your questions to sales@peachprincess.com ?? It’s usually them who hnadles such questions; the people you come in contact with via support@peachprincess.com only handles problems and other matters that relates to Peach Princess’s games, not business matters.

Thanks, I’ll try sending to sales. The emails (you shoulda seen my inbox) said to reply to info@peachprincess.com but some of them were pretty old. (I’m just glad I didn’t reply to the Kumiko ones)

As to Lamuness, a (probably very) belated welcome… also thanks for the prompt and complete response. I hope I get along with you better than I did with Kumiko

Again, thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Xesiae:
As to Lamuness, a (probably very) belated welcome.... also thanks for the prompt and complete response. I hope I get along with you better than I did with Kumiko [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Again, thanks

Why, you had problems with Kumiko before?
Well, at the very least, I don't lecture and I don't brainwash people. If I do, please say so and I will stop.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
I don't brainwash people. If I do, please say so and I will stop.

No, my master. Of course you wouldn't, my master. Brainwashing people is our, I mean my job, my master.

geeze you guys move fast…

I come back to edit my post with something I forgot, and here you are again Anyways, I forgot to ask if there was any good (non-PP) news in the bishoujo sector. Aka any non Peach Princess releases, etc? (only thing I know of is Transfer student)

As to Kumiko, sorry for bringing it up, but yeah we had some disagreements via email… I’m VERY opinionated. So don’t worry I’ll harass you too without delay if I disagree with you about something… just remember you asked for it

quote:
Originally posted by Xesiae:
geeze you guys move fast...

I come back to edit my post with something I forgot, and here you are again [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I forgot to ask if there was any good (non-PP) news in the bishoujo sector. Aka any non Peach Princess releases, etc? (only thing I know of is Transfer student)

We're lightning-fast here [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img].

Well, there is some news: First, a new adult bishoujo game company, called G-collections, has appeared and released four games into english. They can be found at: http://www.g-collections.com/index2.htm .

Second, Hobibox Europe has announced that they will release a new game next winter, and that game will be one of Age Softs games. You can read that at http://www.hobibox.com . We won't see that game before next year in other words, but it is good news that there at least is something else besides what G-collection and Peach Princess are working on that we can wait for [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, SB pretty much said everything. Check out hobibox and gcollections.

As for opinions, unlike Kumiko I respect all opinions as long as it’s backed up in a mature and logical sense, and I won’t force anybody to accept what I believe in. So if you want to disagree with me or harrass me please be prepared to have your arguments backed up and that they make sense.

As for Mariko and La Voyeur, I just asked the staff the their status. Both are already translated and on pending status so it’s the same as Slave Bazaar. As for the info and support emails, I guess I was right. They are abandoned since Dave E left, but they are checking the mail accounts right now.