Being in the UK!

Hi there ladies and gents, I have a bit of a question! I’ve been a big fan of Bishoujo games or at least the IDEA of them for a while now and I’m the proud owner of the Hirameki release of Phantom of Inferno. Unfortunately, I’m not too sure on the policy of playing the more adult bishoujo games in England! Are there any UK users, or anyone around who can clarify any rules for playing bishoujo games here in Britain? I’m desperate to play Private Nurse but I don’t want to do anything until I know its all legit!

Welcome.

Hmm, there are at least one or two UK people here. Can’t remember which ones they are at the moment. But I know they were playing the more adult games, so I’m guessing it’s legit. As long as you buy them properly, there shouldn’t be a problem.

He hasn’t posted for a while, but TurricaN is English. The topic International bishoujo dealers / distributors? refers to a couple European retail sites such as http://www.anotherworld.co.uk and http://www.archonia.com

Hey,
i’m a brit and have been gettin b-games for 3 years.
dont know the laws on the matter but i’v bought games from himeya, peach princess and archonia and never had any problems with things being confiscated.

1 word of warning when buying outside of EU u may have to pay import tax (approx. £15 for every £60 order value)

I’m in the UK and I’ve made several orders from PeaPri, J-List and Jast USA, never had any problems. The shipping is heftier to the UK than inside the US, of course. I’ve never been stung by customs on a b-game package - the only time I have been hit by customs was with an order from CafePress. It’s certainly not illegal to own or play bishoujo games, and the excessive amounts of “nobody depicted is under 18” slogans blazoned across the packaging will probably be a good thing in this case.

I’ve imported 15-20 bishojo games into the UK, including Private Nurse, with no problems. Just one package containing a game was opened by HMCE, which was re-sealed and sent on. I do strongly recommend avoiding titles featuring forced sex, such as Shukkestubo or Tsuki, as these will almost certainly be confiscated if found.

Personally recommended are Archonia, whose EU location means quick delivery (I use priorty mail at 3.79 Euro) and no customs charge as VAT is already added. Jlist are excellent too.

thanks everyone! That’s solved a few issues for me, now that I know its okay! I don’t even like the forced games anyway! I know it sounds daft but I don’t even like strong hentai! I much prefer the softer stuff! Besides, I can’t even watch the edited Uritosojidoki - let alone spell it! At least I can play Private Nurse now! Thanks guys!

Doesn’t sound odd at all… a number of us have similar preferences, myself included