best and worst games jast has released

what is the best and worst games jast has ever released

To me:
Best: Yume Miru Kusuri
Worst: Doushin Same Heart

Though alot of people say the worst would be Water Closet, which I haven’t played

Well, out of the games I’ve played I’d say the best ones are Kana, Princess Waltz and Crescendo. The one’s I didn’t like (though it may not mean they are bad per say) are Do You Like Horny Bunnies and Bazooka Cafe.

Best: Kazoku Keikaku, Kana ~Imouto~, Yume Miru Kusuri
Worst: … haven’t a clue, actually, I haven’t played any of the games people say are bad! Judging purely by EGS scores I’d say either Casual Romance Club or Ring Out. I know Ignosco has a very low opinion of Hitomi but I don’t think he’s played either of those two.

Best: Kazoku Keikaku (untranslated version), or otherwise, Kana.

Worst: Gimai Hitomi (but like DarkFusion, I haven’t played Water Closet, which is probably far far worse.)

I haven’t played either, but now that you mention it, Ring Out might be another contender by default (originally had a 6800 yen pricetag, and reviews suggest it can be cleared in under an hour).

Best: Yume Miru Kusuri.
Worst: Doushin Same Heart.

Best : Yume Miru Kusuri

Worst : X-Change

Surprised to see Doushin come up twice already; I thought it was pretty cool.

Best: Princess Waltz/Snow Sakura
Worst: Pick Me Honey

Best: Critical Point
Worst: Pretty Soldier War
I have not played Kana, YMK or Family Project though, nor Water Closet.

There are problems with mentioning CRC, depending on whether “released” simply means distributed by or full on licensed and translated by JAST/GC/PP. For anyone who has missed this explanation before, here it is again: Casual Romance Club was a remake of an old game called Houkago Ren’ai Club (???), with the addition of an English translation that was done in-house by the maker of the game. The age of the original game is evident in the fact that pagers are a key part of the gameplay/story.
Back to the topic at hand, I guess I would say of the games I’ve played, Yume Miru Kusuri was best (followed closely by Kana), and Hitomi was worst.

Best? Worse?

Well, Kana has a special place in my heart. I’ve played it every year since "04. And I like Crescendo and I love Bazooka Cafe.
But those may not be the “best” games in an objective sense. If I had to choose, I’d say that YMK is the best game I’ve played so far. Princess Waltz may be the best JAST game ever, but it’s a fucker to play. Oh, and I forgot, Snow Sakura, I’d put that up at the top.
Raidy is a little tedious. X-Change 2 is okay. I still play it now and then for a guilty pleasure. The game I was least happy about is Cosplay Fetish Academy. Outside of the appealing notion of an alternate reality where women let it all hang out, the game is really kind of boring. The dramatic elements just weren’t all that interesting, and even the harem path was kind of ofay.

I got this one and-- yeah, I didn’t actually have a problem with the translation (in all honesty I expected to after the whole Kazoku Keikaku furor) but the game itself just felt awfully ordinary to me - as well as way too short. I know it’s written by, as Ignosco terms them, the second-tier PULLTOP team, but Te to Te was better than it.
The H scenes were some of the funniest/worst I’ve ever read, though. Wow. I don’t think the translation helped there!

If by ‘best’ you meant in terms of production values, yes, probably! In fact, it’s likely going to stay that way for a while. (Demonbane is shiny and all, but it’s a 2003 game, come on. Jingai Makyou is a little closer but still not quite)

As for worst game, I second Pretty Soldier Wars (though haven’t played Water Closet, nor intend to). On of the most awful things I had the bad luck to play.

Best: Probably Critical Point (but three sister story will always have a special place in my heart as its the first jast game i played)

Worst: Without a doubt Transfer Student

Best? Nocturnal Illusion. Got me into eroge.

Worst? Hentai Anime Poker. Blarg.

Best: Yume Miru Kusuri with Kana in second.

Worst: Pretty Soldier Wars without a question. Adding a luck system into games can be tolerable, but when a 90% accuracy rate equates to a 10% hit rate that’s when I draw the line.

It was only trying to be Nintendo Hard. :wink:

Best:
Brave Soul (I like my RPG’s)

Worse:
Water Closet and Virgin Roster

Water Closet was just gross at a few points, and Virgin Roster just made me feel really crappy inside after playing it. The other reason Virgin Roster is on here is because you can’t lose, even if you make every decision wrong and don’t get any of the other girls, you still get Kiyoko by default. Which in a game like Virgin Roster is a weak point. For Comparison Sensei 2 is so much better, even though it deals with the same themes, you have the possibility of getting a non Desirable (not necessarily bad) ending.

Pah, Kana comes in second to no one! And Pretty Soldier Wars could have been good, but like you say it had some serious mechanical problems that turned a potentially fun game into an exercise in frustration.

Best: Kana Little Sister
Worst: DOR (I want those 15 minutes of my life back)