Best BGM?

I really thought that the BGM in Kana Little Sister was best. The opening theme was brilliant and remains in regular rotation in my ipod and the bgm was also well composed.

I prefered Private Nurse’s and Crescendo’s. Private Nurse had some nostalgic and haunting (in a good way) themes, and I like the main theme. As for Crescendo… it’s ragtime. It’s classic. To the extent that I play Joplin’s The Entertainer’ just before I play Rahxephon’s 'Hemisphere"

Are we just talking US released titles?

Because Black Cyc has an awesome composer (MinDeaD BlooD, Gore Screaming Show, Gun-Katana). Also Sabae’s King has a Latin choir for it’s soundtrack, which just r0x0rs my b0x0rs. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed the bgm from Private Nurse, Crescendo, and Figures of Happiness myself. Tokimeki Check-in also had some catchy tunes to listen to.

I will absolutely agree with you there. The first anime theme song that I ever got really addicted to was the Sakura Taisen theme. Haven’t played the games yet pouts

Heh… well there’s more than one intro song: although I love them all. :slight_smile:

Tokyo Theme (ST 1/2/4):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znrz8rMjOGU

Paris Theme (ST 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdrwImNP90

New York Theme (ST 5):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWj1WRyRh64

Sad how Sakura Taisen 5 was being geared for US release, but everything fell apart because the lack of a Western distributor. Even SEGA of America didn’t want to do it. :frowning:

I’m gonna have to go with the music to Nocturnal Illusion.

First, I live in the US so I can’t speculate on other country’s legal systems (other than to say I know they differ on this point). So if you don’t live in the US, pay no attention to this.

If you own the game, then ripping the soundtrack is perfectly legal. The problems with copyright mostly only come in when you distribute. Making the MP3s is format- and space- shifting, which has been recognized as legal. Just don’t put these up onto P2P.

However I know of no tools to do this kind of ripping, so you would have to download it. Which gets significantly more questionable and weird.

[ 07-17-2007, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

Furthermore, some of the games double as CDs you can play in a CD player. I don’t know which games do/don’t do that.

If one of the soundtracks you want is from a game with that capability, then simply put the CD into the drive (exit out of the game if you have unwisely not disabled autorun). Spin up Winamp, tell it to ‘play audio CD’ (exactly how depends on which version). Then go into options and you can select various options for output – by fooling around there you can probably get it to output at least a .WAV file, and some versions do MP3 as well.

If all else fails:

Run an audio program with a recorder, and tell it to record whatever the sound card is currently playing. Then play the music.

I’ve never wanted music from a game externalised badly enough to do this, but if you have the time, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

I enjoyed the music in Yume Miru Kusuri, Crescendo and True Love. Though I’ve not used it in sometime…I recall a tool you can use to extract music from the game…I’ll have to scan my drive and see if I can find it (if I can even think of what its vaguely called).

I learned a few weeks ago, that this is actually legal limbo.

You have the right to listen to the soundtrack of say The SIMS through the game itself, and by extension a PC, but one goes beyond the “terms of agreement” when they place it to third party format… say… an iPod - because the music was not originally intended to be played via an iPod.

Not that game companies really make a huge fuss over people music ripping from their titles - but it’s neat to know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Games that do run in your CD-Player are games that had their music stored as CD-DA (the standard audio CD format). This was used in the older days of eroge, but as of recent years with the rise of compression techniques such as OGG and MP3, it has greatly fallen out of favor (since the data is stored uncompressed and takes up a huge amount of space). Virtually no modern eroge will you be able to put the disk into your CD player and have it work.

And since no one seems to have suggested it, you can always use a sound capture program on your computer to capture a BGM you like and save it for later enjoyment =D.

[ 07-18-2007, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Misuzu ]

Can it be that Misuzu is a follower of The Faith!?

Your avatar has Narg’s seal of approval!!! :slight_smile:

Aren’t there two? Your twin seals of approval, I thought? :smiley:

Another person here who liked the BGM from Crescendo. It’s been a while but if I remember correctly ldivi-dead also had ok music really fit the mood of the game.

Wait… is that THE Misuzu of VN.net ? I thought he’d never come here ! This thread, avatar, and the user Misuzu himself all get my Seal of Friendship. This real cool, yo.

On other news… since when did Konata-chan have a twin ?

I’m not sure where that image came from, but it’s really Konata and her mother. The twins point out how the two look exactly alike, and the only physical known difference is that Konata has an ahoge and her mother doesn’t.

Hmmm… I wonder what’s taking Lucky Star so long for Konata to point out the “twincest” factor of the Hiiragi sisters. :stuck_out_tongue:

Phew… I was worried there for a moment no one would realize it was Konata and Kanata in the pic =o.

The original picture was some fan art and can be viewed here [ http://www.raki-suta.com/img/src/1182768907145.jpg ]. I’ve affectionately have dubbed it, " Soujiro Pimpin’ ". xD

There is one other difference. The mole! It came from Soujiro and not Kanata =D.

O.o… That would be me… >.>;;… And the acronym is VN, not VN.net… (same with the full title too, no .net at the end).

[ 07-19-2007, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Misuzu ]

checks wikipedia

What the heck… Konata’s mom looks EXACTLY like her ? ANd Kanata was Soujiro’s childhood friend ?!!

Ah… I stand corrected, as I didn’t really know. Also, I added the ‘.net’ since I tend to add a .com to almost any website name in general (like how NNL’s website is NNL.com ), so it’s a small differentiation.