Bishoujo Game Award

http://www.bishojyogameaward.org/2008/result.html

The great winner of the 2008 edition is G-senjou no Maou, but it’s good to see that also a possible Peapri release (besides the best one, of course :wink: ) got a prize:

The Winner (Story, Graphics and “Popularity” awards):
http://www.akabeesoft2.com/g_sen/index.html

“Pure Love” award:
http://www.hermit-game.com/h03/top.html

Erotic award (Played this. ENJOYED this :mrgreen: ):
http://www.blackrainbow.jp/br/jutsu2/index.html

It’s a pity that this award doesn’t seem to be open to all eroge companies - without Key, Alice Soft, Leaf etc. it’s hard for it to be truly representative.

I’m playing G-Senjou no Maou at the moment, and from what I’ve seen so far, it definitely deserves the best scenario award. I’m not quite as sure about the graphics prize but the CG art is very nice. G-Senjou should have received the BGM prize as well - the remixed classical tracks are almost without exception, really well done.

Definitely agree with the choice of 11 Eyes for the best song category - Lunatic Tears is awsome.

I guess I’d go with Tayutama for the best character designs - I played maybe an hour or two of it before setting it aside for later, as it felt mostly like an average-ish eroge wrapped up in a very pretty package.

interesting list although i did not play ANY of them :stuck_out_tongue:
might be a good list to consider since im in tokyo right now and have access to jp titles

and balde i think this award pertains to japanese games so im moving this thread to its more approriate forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda hard for me to disagree with my current favourite eroge of all time getting the 2008 award, although I’m amazed Ikusa Megami Zero didn’t steal it. There’s still hope for the world!

My opinion of some other games in the lineup:

11eyes - awesome, better than I expected, but I didn’t like it as much as a lot of other people seemed to, taking EGS rankings and all that into account. I thought some things (like the cross vision system) were more gimmicks than useful gameplay devices, and those sort of things don’t really help.

Kara no Shoujo - actually, I haven’t played much of this, but it hasn’t really been keeping my interest so far. It’s bleak, which isn’t always a win for me.

Tayutama - I didn’t like this that much. Thought it was overrated.

Sekai de Ichiban NG na koi - this is a funny game, as it seems to be very polarising; people who like it LOVE it, people who don’t like it HATE it (e.g. Narg). I admit to belonging to the former crowd - I thought it was awesome.

Ikusa Megami Zero - the best gameplay + VN hybrid I’ve ever played. The story is impressive, especially if you consider Eushully’s older offerings were pretty lacking in that regard.

Cartagra DVDPG - technically I haven’t played this, but I am an old Cartagra fan. But DVDPG, no, get out >:(

Sakashiki Hito ni Miru Kokoro - yeah, this was a lot of fun. I like Light’s downloadable offerings - this and Shiokaze

Suiheisenmade Nanmile? - I wish I could say good things about this game besides the art, music, OP… but I honestly can’t. Get it for the art if you get it at all.

Kinda disappointed that AsuKimi didn’t win anything :frowning: (games from the end of 2007 are put in the 2008 awards.) I’d consider it competitive in at least Pure Love, Graphics, and Song.

Similarly, for the record, Otome game awards for 2008.

Thanks for the otome game awards list olf!
Kind of disappointed with the list. It’s always Koei that wins…I love there games but some of the games aren’t that amazing. Haruka4 included. I wonder why Sugar Beans is so low in the list. I always got the feeling that Under the Moon (2007) was very popular among the japanese otome gaming community? Or is it…???

As for the bishoujo gaming list. I kind of agree with the list but I don’t see any mention of Shikkoku no Sharnoth T__T
ah well. Can’t always win right? (uhg at Prism Ark Love Max winning an award though.)

AFAIK, the otome game market is still centered on consumer game platforms (non-adult games), such as the PS2 and DS. Like it or not, those titles are going to get more exposure, whether we’re referring to press coverage or awards ceremonies (and in turn, game sales).

Sugar Beans might be quite popular within the small niche that’s into erotic PC otome games. However, that consumer base isn’t representative of the overall market.