Bishoujo Game Legnth

I’m new to the Bishoujo gaming scene, and haven’t taken the time to purchase a game yet, but I’ve got a few in mind. My question is, about how long are the games (ones translated into English) on average? A count in hours of how long it takes to get all the endings in the average bishoujo game would be very helpful. Specifially, how long is Snow Drop, which is the one that I’m currently interested in? Thanks in advance.

It depends. Me, when I’m replaying I don’t really use the text skip function. So it takes me LOTS longer than it does other people.

In regards to Snow Drop - if you already know you’re interested, don’t even worry about the answer. Just buy the game, it’s good.

That is true, Snow Drop is an excellent game. However, I wanted to be a sick puppy and got Divi Dead first and Snow Drop second. It took me about four hours to get to day two on Divi Dead and that thing has five real days and an “extra” day!

[This message has been edited by cdog21 (edited 08-01-2003).]

Well… it really depends. I, like Nan, don’t use the skip text function, so games take a bit longer for me.

Something like Luv Luv Show (which, if you play the untranslated part, is a challenging connect five) can take a few hours to complete. Same goes for Viper Paradice. You can quickly zip through their boardgame, or you can turn up the challenge and take several hours to get through one game.

Something with more storyline, like Snow Drop, can take 20 - 25 hours, possibly more depending on how you play.

Games that involve training, such as The Maids Story and Graduation, usually take longer as you have to do a lot of managing.

Something with a lot of options and pathways such as Tokimeki Check-In or Desire can take anywhere from 10 hours (if you just want to rush to the end) to 40 hours (if you pursue some of the more difficult girls to get.)

Other games that involve a lot of uncovering, such as Critical Point, Gloria and Desire, took me some 50+ hours to complete.

It really just depends on how you play. Some people don’t skip, and listen to all the conversations, which takes more time. Others just read quickly, and thus are able to play through the game much faster. Others like to expore, and see what happens if they choose a pathway that they wouldn’t in real life. And still others take days to complete a game, as they don’t consider something “complete” until they earn 100% of the CGs.

So… the long and the short of it is it depends

If you like fairy-tale / mythos-tale stories and plots, you should have a good time with Snow Drop. I highly recommend it.

Well from the answers I’ve been getting, it seems as though these games are definately long enough for the price. Final question is, in Snow Drop, is the gameplay simply choosing what to say to a person that just pops up in front of you, or is it more complex and has you choosing where to go and what people you want to talk to?

The way Snow Drop Works is after you get to the Ski Lodge, you get options on where to go. Depending on your choices, you get a scene with a character, or nothing. The first half of the game is difficult because you have to get the correct events unlocked to get you to the second half of the game.

In Snow Drop, and this is something that eluded many people (including myself) at first…things happen at specific times. You have so many time intervals where you can select where you want to go, and you see events if you’re there when they’re supposed to happen. If you go somewhere and nothing happens, time still passes and this has tripped up many people.

Also in order to get to the second half of the game you have to get certain key events.