Bishoujo games in College

Well today I took my laptop to class. Before class I was showing a few people several games. The type of games everybody can enjoy like Doom 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the like. After that I showed them the love that dare not speak its name. Bishoujo gaming.

I started it off with something light and nice with Private Nurse and they were awed by the detailed and colorful graphics and Maria’s more Ahem. Noticeable assets. Then I showed them Lets Meow Meow. Instead of looking at the catgirls one guy clicked on one of the saved games and If I remember right it was near or on a sex scene and a very loud MEOW!!! Came from my laptop. The girl on the other side of the class just looked in my direction and I’m pretty sure I just blew any chance I had with her by letting it know then I play B games.

The one that really intrigued people and opened their eyes and got a sort of WEIRD reaction was ironically Kishi Kawaii. One guy said “What? NO HENTAI?! This game isn’t worth playing then” I showed ACTUAL GAMEPLAY And I think that some of them actually got intrigued and may actually look up the game. Though I’m pretty sure that more of them are far more tempted for lets meow meow then the other ones just by judging from the glazed looks on thier faces seeing Mikan naked then any other game. Oh well.

Hopefully I educated and enthralled them into a new genre of gaming. One that they will look at in a few days and say “I just saw Bishoujo.” And hopefully they’ll learn that Bishoujo gaming isn’t just Kitty meowing and saying “It’s so big!” and "I’m so embarassed!"

I’d like to use Divi Dead if it wasn’t for the fact that the sentence “YOU HIT THE SPOT LOVERMAN!” Was inserted at one of the most amusing points in the game.

Perhaps I should reinstall brave soul and show them that bishoujo gaming isn’t just sim or pictures and moaning.

That is my lesson to stirring up interest in bishoujo gaming and maybe just ONE of them will be a Bishoujo gamer in the future.

quote:
The type of games everybody can enjoy like Doom 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the like.

...I don't enjoy any of these games listed.
quote:
If I remember right it was near or on a sex scene and a very loud MEOW!!! Came from my laptop. The girl on the other side of the class just looked in my direction and I'm pretty sure I just blew any chance I had with her by letting it know then I play B games.

Did she see the screen? Seems strange that she would look nasty just because of "meow!".
quote:
Perhaps I should reinstall brave soul and show them that bishoujo gaming isn't just sim or pictures and moaning.

Sounds like a good idea. Brave Soul is still one of the most appreciated bishoujo games over here. It's kind of weird, since it didn't sell that well in Japan. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
quote:
Hopefully I educated and enthralled them into a new genre of gaming.

Good job. Maybe we'll see one of them on this BBS, even. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Did she see the screen? Seems strange that she would look nasty just because of "meow!".

...depends on how much still human-like that MEOW was. After all, the voice-actors of b-games still ARE human!

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
It's kind of weird, since it didn't sell that well in Japan.

Nah, it just shows the still existing differences in preferences and gaming cultures between the western market and the japanese market.

… or that they have BETTER brpgs to choose from, whereas we have very little choice?

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
... or that they have BETTER brpgs to choose from, whereas we have very little choice? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

That's possible too...
We already know about Words Worth and Princess Knights.

... and taking a look here, here and here is only adviceable for the brave!

* hides *

This reminds me of something from my Open Letter when I left G-Collections,

quote:
‘The people should know’, that’s my motto. Well, actually my motto is ‘Just because it has naked anime women moaning in pleasure in it doesn’t mean you can’t play it in public with the sound jacked up,’ but you get the drift.

quote:
The one that really intrigued people and opened their eyes and got a sort of WEIRD reaction was ironically Kishi Kawaii. One guy said "What? NO HENTAI?! This game isn't worth playing then" I showed ACTUAL GAMEPLAY And I think that some of them actually got intrigued and may actually look up the game. Though I'm pretty sure that more of them are far more tempted for lets meow meow then the other ones just by judging from the glazed looks on thier faces seeing Mikan naked then any other game. Oh well.
Those that don't attempt to play Kishi Kawaii (or PM2 which it was based off of) are just missing out...
quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
That's possible too...
We already know about Words Worth and Princess Knights.

... and taking a look here, here and here is only adviceable for the brave!

* hides *

How dare you confuse me with the facts! Don't make me come over there. Plane tickets are expensive...

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
... or that they have BETTER brpgs to choose from, whereas we have very little choice? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Sigh, and brpgs are among my favorites [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]