Bishoujo games question

I love to play bishoujo games on my computer.
the type of game that i play alot on my ps2,gamecube&gba adaptor is rpg games.
What I need to know is where should I look to learn japanese to play the rpg’s that won’t be translated to english? I always wanted to learn japanese but not sure where to look for the language. I know that my computer will need language packs and my current computer wouldn’t be able to handle all of the information. So I already have an idea of the dimensions that I need for the new computer, but I want to learn the language b4 i have the new computer.

Well you can look at your local colleges to see if they offer any japanese courses. I heard of quite a few people doing that. Other than that I’ve heard mention of japanese teaching programs that run on your computer but don’t know how effect those are.

Fair to middling usually. Sort of depends on your learning style. But I think having a real live, human teacher is always the best. Plus, you probably have a better chance of learning some of the, er, particular words used in bishoujo games from a person.

Actually, I’d try getting words like “Bukkake”, “Paizuri” and “Tekoki” from the J-List Glossary of Terms or similar rather than the Japanese woman who runs Japanese courses in my town.

You know, the word “manko”, which is extremely rude in Japanese, means something entirely different in Norwegian. Here it means “less than expected” or that something is missing. Guess I’d better avoid mumbling to myself if I ever go to Japan and take a look inside my wallet.

Baka! :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
Actually, I'd try getting words like "Bukkake", "Paizuri" and "Tekoki" from the J-List Glossary of Terms or similar rather than the Japanese woman who runs Japanese courses in my town.

Although I would love to see you ask the japanese woman the definition of those words [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Although I would love to see you ask the japanese woman the definition of those words [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

I was born with blue eyes, I don't want black ones [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

I have a black heart; would that help?

Seriously, I’ve recently embarked on a mission to learn some real Japanese. I took half a semester’s worth of classes (a 5 hr course in a foreign language that involves learning an entirely new alphabet is a heavy duty class and I wasn’t able to devote the proper resources to such a class).

Now, after being an anime fan for > 6 years and a sub-only anime fan for at least five of those six years, I have learned enough Japanese simply from listening, that I feel ready to make a more serious attempt. I can mostly remember about 3/4 of the hiragana, which helps this determination.

In my case I had kept my old textbooks, on the assumption I would get around to this step eventually. So I am using those to help.

I am also creating a drilling program from scratch (this for the purpose of giving me some programming exercise as well as helping me learn).

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
You know, the word "manko", which is extremely rude in Japanese, means something entirely different in Norwegian. Here it means "less than expected" or that something is missing. Guess I'd better avoid mumbling to myself if I ever go to Japan and take a look inside my wallet.

Hmm, reminds me of something that happened in my Japanese class once. I can't remember the word anymore but sensei was saying "so and so was absent" and then suddenly all the Korean students started giggling. Aparrently the word for "absent" in Japanese means something entirely different in Korean. Nobody would tell me what it was though.